Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thomann delivery question

Options
  • 27-05-2004 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

could someone who has ordered from Thomann answer this please
    how long does delivery normaly take
    i asked them for a tracking umber but they said there isnt one as it was sent with normal post
    so they sent a few hundread euro worth of guitar equipment over normal post ? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I got my amp in about a week I think. That was about a month before christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

and who delivered it? an post?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,956 ✭✭✭fitz

Thomann are really bad at understanding what you're asking for.
    It usually takes about a week for stuff to arrive, if it's in stock.
    Make sure they have the item in stock, and have sent it.
    I waited 2 weeks, mailed them and found out they hadn't even processed my order yet, but hadn't bothered contacting me.
    Mail them and see if it's been shipped.
    Far as I know they use something like UPS, but I could be wrong.
    Your stuff isn't gonna arrive in a letter full of bubble-wrap, don't worry...:p

I think an post delivered it but I'm not sure. I was half asleep when the van arrived so I didn't see what company it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭musician.ie

I received my package from Thomann earlier this week. I ordered it over a month ago. I got jumpy after 3 weeks and e-mailed them. No response. E-mailed again the day after, and they claimed that they had sent it via securicor who had sent it back to them in Germany. I got no call from securicor and no card in the door to say they'd called. Hmmm....? They organised to send by UPS and my package arrived in a few days.

I then found out that an aquaintance of mine received the very same excuse when he went chasing a tardy order. It seems to me that it sould be a policy to supply a tracking number via email when they ship the product. They gave me one for UPS, but only after I demanded it.

Still their budget stuff is really cheap and higher quality than you'd expect. I got a set of bongoes, tambourine, drumsticks, maracas, 2*eggs, glass fingerslide, plectrum holder, 2* leather strap, 6 patch leads, set of acoustic strings, set of bass strings, 2 sets of electric strings all for 125 yoyos including delivery. You wouldn't get the bongoes in Ireland for that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DeFIANCE

:eek:
    I ordered a wah-pedal off them last tuesday, hopefully itll arrive soon. I checked the sorting office today in my area and its still not there

just an update i got my stuff was dilevered by ups
    took about a week after it was shipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 DeFIANCE

I just got my pedal this morning:D . Its the mad note. Although the plug i bought with it doesnt fit :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

Damn i guess i should have come in here first, fark.
    I just oredered this of em
    http://www.music-town.de/onlineshop/hersteller/ibanez/ibanezedr170mw_big.jpg
    I hope its a good guitar to get cause im not really up on electric guitars, Ive played electric for about a year, but it wasnt mine, Ive finally decided its time to get my own.
    I played acoustic type stuff for a while, but im still on a steep learning curve, heh. Any way cant wait till it arrives, heh ;)

eurm what your should have done is gone around to alot of music shops tested loads of guitars
    then buy online for cheaper
    but the one u picked looks nice anyway :)
    did u read reviews of it online?

btw heres the one i got
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~spellmandsl/guitar.jpg

• Advertisement

Tuxx, what make is that guitar? Looks like you could use some lemon oil on your fretboard!!!

Nadir, Ibanez are generally decent guitars so you should be ok with that one. Never played one though.

its a cort m600

I like!!! How many euro bucks did it set you back?

ya i love it very good value if you ask me at 444 euro + 25 delivery

http://www.netzmarkt.de/thomann/thoiw6_artikel-158044.html

Wow, €444 ain't bad. How does she play?

well i think it plays great, sounds great for rock/metal but also good for slower stuff

although it is hard for me to compare as its my first guitar , only playing 2 months or so

heres some reviews of it online
    http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Cort/M600-01.html

i tired it out in the local music shop before buying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

yea, v.nice cort, i see they get good reviews too, Yea also I had a look at the reviews for the Ibenez, it got real good reviews, but im not so sure I trust most of the people reviewing, they seem to have some dodgy tastes in stuff, heh, I was looking at some esp guitars too, which also get good reviews, the Ibanez cost like 120 or so bucks more than the esp Viper 50 and about 20 bucks more than the esp Viper 100. I didnt feel like getting the lowest of the range of esp guitars incase it was a bit crap , even though it got good reviews, and 20 quid aint more to go if you are gonna fork out over 350 quid. Even though the esp is a 24 fret , and the Ibanez is 22 fret. Although im not so worried about 2 frets :)

Advertisement