Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bass solos

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I donate destructive energy, when the guitar arrives contact me and I will make with great haste to Dundalk to unleash a powerful smoting.

I will bring my own hammer. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Right, lemme just find €200 first and then I'll let ya know.

I mean, if that's a wishlist, would you not wish for a good guitar? Aim high and such?

Then just settle for less? ;)

It's a realistic wishlist. And that seven string is being bought for 2 reasons
    1) I don't know seven strings so I'm getting a cheap one so if I don't like it, it's not a waste
    2) If I do like it, it'll be a project guitar ;)

Meh. Buy a good 7 string and play it until you like it. Be optimistic, it's what I did when I bought the six string bass instead of the five I originally planned to get. It could be the stupidest thing you've ever done (and for a couple of months it felt like it) but once you apply yourself it all comes together eventually.

Are you thinking of a low B or a high A?

• Advertisement

TBH, I don't have enough money to get a decent 7 string and I want it to take it apart! COMPLETELY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm kind of with the Doc on this one. At least when you've got the HB, gotten used to the seven-string, and save up enough to get a real guitar, EXPLODE the HB! :D I'm off to go make one of them there wishlists of my own, and it won't be so damn realistic either!

That's basically the plan. Once I'm used to it and I like it, it's being cut in half. It's realistic so I can actually get some of the stuff and maybe get a decent tone for once.

Advertisement