Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyes always in bits after a nights sleep.

• 17-12-2008 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Every time I wake up my eyes are absolutely hanging out of my head and they're kind of sore as well. This is even after a good nights rest, ~7hrs sleep every night. It takes me ages to get out of bed because of this.

Anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sunshinegirl

you may have dry eyes and need drops,i find omega 3 helps the eyes.

that or you may have an eye infection and need a trip to the chemist or doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

Agree it sounds like dehydration - Boots or any other chemist sells eyedrops, which should sort you our pretty quick , and if not I'd take a trip to the doctor to ensure it isn't anything serious

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Shinjuku wrote: »
    Every time I wake up my eyes are absolutely hanging out of my head and they're kind of sore as well. This is even after a good nights rest, ~7hrs sleep every night. It takes me ages to get out of bed because of this.

Anyone know what could be the cause of this?
    Well I assume you're not talking literally? So if you refrained from speaking in code people may be able to offer more helpful advice.

So, what exactly is the problem? I get that your eyes are sore, but how exactly does this prevent you from getting out of bed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

You could be allergic to your bedding or maybe the dust in the room. Try taking an anti-histamine every night for a week and see if there is an improvement.

I have a bad dust allergy and find I suffer most in the mornings..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

When I say my eyes are hanging out of my head, I mean that they are swollen and red. With big bags. More than usual. I don't remember this happening to me like 6months ago.

I stay in bed because i feels more comfortable with my eyes closed. My mind is totally awake, it's just that it's really uncomfortable getting up and opening my eyes. I've been awake 3 hrs now and my eyes are still in bits.

I'll try those drops, but I really don't want to be taking them for the rest of my life! And I don't have any dust allergy.

• Advertisement

Shinjuku wrote: »
    When I say my eyes are hanging out of my head, I mean that they are swollen and red. With big bags. More than usual. I don't remember this happening to me like 6months ago.

I stay in bed because i feels more comfortable with my eyes closed. My mind is totally awake, it's just that it's really uncomfortable getting up and opening my eyes. I've been awake 3 hrs now and my eyes are still in bits.

I'll try those drops, but I really don't want to be taking them for the rest of my life! And I don't have any dust allergy.
    Interesting, tbh you're best off going to a doctor before trying any remedies recommended to you on the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

check your radiator..might be too high. & get a carbon monoxide reading.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭Shinjuku

My radiator is always switched off completely.

Where could carbon monoxide be coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

MM is right...many people have tried to help now but you've said no to all suggestions requested. Go see your doctor...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Poutbutton

Sounds like a dust mite or animal hair allergy, do see your doc and you'll get saline drops to wash them out morning & night, also drink plenty of water and try not to rub them. Make sure you dust & hoover your home/car regularly & see how they are then.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Actually, come to think of it, it could be cancer of the eyes. Yes, that's right, 'dry eye' is a symptom of cancer, or dust mites, or allergy to bed clothes, or death.

I recommend a combination of Vitamin F and Coca Cola, eat lots of spinach.

See what I did there?

Go to a doctor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Actually, come to think of it, it could be cancer of the eyes. Yes, that's right, 'dry eye' is a symptom of cancer, or dust mites, or allergy to bed clothes, or death.

I recommend a combination of Vitamin F and Coca Cola, eat lots of spinach.

See what I did there?

Go to a doctor.

You're not funny, stop acting the twat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

I do not agree with what has been said so far! Everyone is making all these suggestions about getting anti-histamenes or eye drops or suggest going to the doctor!

Somebody did suggest that you could be dehydrated, but then they suggested getting eyedrops - Why?

Drink a glass of water before you go to bed! Water does wonders for dry eyes or skin. Seemed obvious to me that this should be the FIRST thing to do. And if you're already drinking a glass before going to bed, then make sure you're drinking enough during the day!

If things don't improve, then go see you're local pharmicist who should be able to suggest a product. Only after this you should fork out the mula for the GP. And at least at this point you can tell the doctor that it's not dehydration, alergies etc...

G'd luck,

U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Hypochondria much in these replies??

There's probably a draft coming in from the window or door. Make sure they're closed and curtains over fully. Try wearing an eye mask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Go to your Doctor and ask him/her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

If I may be so bold as to quote Captain Ginger, "Go to your Doctor and ask him/her". Closed as the silly quotient is rising rapidly.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement