Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Slane from Balbriggan

Options
  • 31-05-2019 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

Hi all,

Going to be staying in Balbriggan while attending the Metallica concert in Slane next week.

Was wondering what the best way to get to Slane from there would be? Same for getting back. Google suggests taking 2 buses (one to Drogheda and then one to Slane). Would I be better off taking a taxi directly there? Haven't been to Slane before, but I'm guessing there will be buses around to get people back to Dublin.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Give these guys a text.

481617.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Going to be staying in Balbriggan while attending the Metallica concert in Slane next week.

Was wondering what the best way to get to Slane from there would be? Same for getting back. Google suggests taking 2 buses (one to Drogheda and then one to Slane). Would I be better off taking a taxi directly there? Haven't been to Slane before, but I'm guessing there will be buses around to get people back to Dublin.

Bus to drogs. There's a pub in Drogs called McPhails, Peter Matthews is the name over the door on Laurence St. Give them a ring, they night be running a bus, bar will be packed that day. Or try Clarke's Bar on Peter St.

If cash isn't an issue then arrange a taxi from Drogs and go in by the collon road. Or better still taxi from balbriggan to Slane via collon road.......probably cost around 60 each way. Organise to be picked up on the collon road home, you'll be back in brig in 30 minutes.

Personally I'd go taxi all the way, definitely home. Unless you want to go out in drogs afterwards. Balbriggans fairly ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭jsn.peters

CommieBaz wrote: »
    Hi all,

Have you got sorted for slane this weekend, i live in Balbriggan and am driving to slane for the concert that morning, we have room for another if you are willing to chip in for parking and fuel. Let me know, cheets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,524 ✭✭✭Hoboo

jsn.peters wrote: »
    Have you got sorted for slane this weekend, i live in Balbriggan and am driving to slane for the concert that morning, we have room for another if you are willing to chip in for parking and fuel. Let me know, cheets

:D You're going up the M1 and swinging a left for 5 miles. How much you after? 4 euro?

Advertisement