Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance questions

Options
  • 11-07-2016 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello i have a couple questions here...
    1) a friend said he was told by an insurance broker that he would be insured on a 1.9 tdi passat at 2000 euro.. first car,18,full license etc. Are they pullin legs or are they for real..whats yer experiences??

2) am considering buying a cheap larger engined diesel eg. Pug 407 and insuring that.. is there much difference in buying a cheaper, larger engined car and insuring it for a bit extra... compared to buying a more expensive polo or the likes and saving a bit on insurance?

3) can i in any way get insured on a van/commercial at my age (farm insurance?)

4) am tempted to get a 1.4 octavia.. if i fitted a turbo off a newer tsi model to this.. would insurance companies ever find out atall in event of a crash or the likes *(typical 18 year old question i guess)*

Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,075 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Hello i have a couple questions here...
    1) a friend said he was told by an insurance broker that he would be insured on a 1.9 tdi passat at 2000 euro.. first car,18,full license etc. Are they pullin legs or are they for real..whats yer experiences??

2) am considering buying a cheap larger engined diesel eg. Pug 407 and insuring that.. is there much difference in buying a cheaper, larger engined car and insuring it for a bit extra... compared to buying a more expensive polo or the likes and saving a bit on insurance?

3) can i in any way get insured on a van/commercial at my age (farm insurance?)

4) am tempted to get a 1.4 octavia.. if i fitted a turbo off a newer tsi model to this.. would insurance companies ever find out atall in event of a crash or the likes *(typical 18 year old question i guess)*

Thank you in advance!

1. Possibly
    2. You'll have to phone around to a few brokers/Insurance companies.
    3. See point 2
    4. See point 2 and 3

Then have a read of this

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057619573/1/#post100289442

Sorry if i couldn't be of more help

• Registered Users Posts: 12 3350johndeere

Never even knew about the new section at all.. thank you mike!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 219 ✭✭JinkyJackson

If you did have an accident, insurers will try everything they can not to pay out, so you can be sure they'll find out it has a bigger engine. My friend had alloys and a big exhaust on a 1.3 starlet and his insurance was voided for not declaring them

• Registered Users Posts: 12 3350johndeere

If you did have an accident, insurers will try everything they can not to pay out, so you can be sure they'll find out it has a bigger engine. My friend had alloys and a big exhaust on a 1.3 starlet and his insurance was voided for not declaring them

Ya thats what i feared. Know plenty of lads doing it and getting away too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

There was a new motor insurance set up, OP. Maybe you'll be able to find better help there :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1765

• Advertisement
Advertisement