Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountbatten Institute

Options
  • 20-03-2013 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hey everyone,

I'm thinking of doing the PGC New York program with Mountbatten.

Anyone on here with past experiences of doing it or are thinking of applying too?

Any info etc be great, just can't find much info on people from Ireland that have done it.

Was the Mountbatten NYC programme a good experience for you?? 1 vote

Yes
    0%
    No
    100%
    NycBabay 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 NycBabay

No
    anyone at all??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Linken

Hi there,

Assume you got no response. I have applied for aug 2013 intake and I'm Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

There's never much talk about it in these parts unfortunately. I know of two people who participated a few years ago, both enjoyed the work but both said the housing was horrible.

It sounds like an amazing experience. Acc would be so expensive in NY, so I could survive the terrible housing.

No
    hey thanks for replys, I'm going for august intake too.

I think the same about accom Linken, looks like a good deal overall once ye have some spending money to bring.

• Advertisement

Yeah it really does. It's a pity the pay from the internship is so bad. What sector are you hoping to work in? Have you done your interview already?

No
    IT/Finance. Yea I was in London the week before last for it. How bout u?

HR hopefully. Yeah I did mine in April. Just waiting to be placed now. The placement process seems like the worst thing about it. I know of someone who didnt get placed until a week before the start date. Do you know if many Irish apply?

No
    Yeah a week from start date is bad if ye need to give a months notice too.

No idea, I think they said they get a few Irish here and there but not many, was all English and one Scottish at my interview day so don't know really but doubt it.

How did you find the interview?

I tought the interview was OK. There was a few hard questions but overall I found it relaxed. You?

• Advertisement

No
    Thought it was grand, I'd say most people get through that stage okay. I really hope placements aren't left till the last week for this intake ha! Did you get talking to anyone else at your interview day?

I know - its hard to plan if you don't even know your going for sure! Yeah I talked to most since my interview was the last one, I was around all day. Everyone was friendly. All were English on my interview day. We have to share rooms, so hope people are nice. Ha!

No
    My interview was last one also, was grand tho, didn't mind waiting around much

Ha I'd take any offer to go over I think, be class living there for a year!

Yeah I'm the same! Just going to ny is all I want! Did you say yes to commuating to work? I really don't want to!!

No
    Ha that's it! Nah I said no but they were still saying okay, we'll put you down as a maybe, kinda annoyin!

I said yes but no way could I get up at 6am for a year! Since I can barley manage 8am, but its better then not getting placed at all. Hope they start placing people soon. Did you sign up for any of the course? Are you opting for the PGC or the MBA? The MBA sounds attractive cos of Thailand. Ha! But way too expensive

No
    Ha its a long commute but Stamford is meant to be pretty good I think. Placement process starts next week! Ya I signed up for 3 of them, how bout u? Am going for PGC, ya way too much money for MBA. I'm just looking for the work experience really.

I didn't sign up for any. Going to try get some excel course or classes before tho because I'm not so good on that. I think a lot of jobs are in Stamford and knowing my luck, it's probably where I will end up. I'm just going for the PCG too, I think the majority of people are.

No
    Ya be grand sure I'm only doing some finance courses cause I haven't studied or any experience in it, just IT. They seem to push the jobs in Stamford alright but I know they have some jobs in jersey also which would be a nice commute! Ya none of the lads at my group session were doing MBA

Just filled out the housing questionnaire today. I want to go out at weekends, so I wrote that! Hope they won't judge us by that. Ha!

• Advertisement

No
    Ha sure they expect that I'd say! Bit mad that might not have placement sorted until august but sure we'll see anyways

Yeah I know. Hope to hear of an interview soon!

No
    ya I'm hoping to hear still too, have you thought about gettin flights sorted before prices go up again?

I wasn't going to book mine until I was placed - what about u? Apparently if you fly onto JFK, you have to make your own way!

No
    Ya I'm thinking bout buying flights soon either way, prices go up fairly high, ya JFK is the only direct flight from Ireland though? I've bin to NYC before so I'm not too worried bout finding the way when there!

Advertisement