Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

comms fault HKC secure watch

Options
  • 16-07-2010 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

just looking for some advice our alarm keeps going off and the log shows comms fault on pointers 54+55 as the cause sometimes its 54 then other times its 55 with the other 6 pointers showing no problems.Should I just replace both pointers?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

davebuck wrote: »
    just looking for some advice our alarm keeps going off and the log shows comms fault on pointers 54+55 as the cause sometimes its 54 then other times its 55 with the other 6 pointers showing no problems.Should I just replace both pointers?

Thanks in advance

Hi davebuck,

Best thing to do first is check the cable going to these sensors. You seem to have comms then the sensors loose it, hence giving you the comms fault on just these two devices. You will need to disconnect them from the panel to do this. Have you got engineer access for if you need to delete the sensors off the system ?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭davebuck

Thanks Altor I'll take the 2 sensors out of the system,I need to check but I'm certain the wiring is okay before and after these 2 sensors as the points before and after are not showing any comms fault at all.
    I have access to the engineering code so I'll delete them today and let you know how it goes.

Thanks Again
    Davebuck

Thanks Altor I'll take the 2 sensors out of the system,I need to check but I'm certain the wiring is okay before and after these 2 sensors as the points before and after are not showing any comms fault at all.
    I have access to the engineering code so I'll delete them today and let you know how it goes.

Thanks Again
    Davebuck

When you say before and after, are all the sensors on 1 loop plus did any moisture get into these sensors ?

If no moisture i would delete and reinstall them, next step replace if same fault.

I've just gone back over the log and have also found point 51 showing comms fault for a few of the alarm activations.P51 is front room P54 is side door and P55 is back room window so while they are all on zone 5(P50-P59) loop/circuit they are not sharing the same cable.
    I've deleted all 3 sensors from the loop and will see if the alarm works okay for the next 2/3 days and then I'm going to replace the 3 sensors as they are close to 10 years old and the side door is used quite a bit. Thanks again Altor for your help no moisture involved as far as I know.

I've just gone back over the log and have also found point 51 showing comms fault for a few of the alarm activations.P51 is front room P54 is side door and P55 is back room window so while they are all on zone 5(P50-P59) loop/circuit they are not sharing the same cable.
    I've deleted all 3 sensors from the loop and will see if the alarm works okay for the next 2/3 days and then I'm going to replace the 3 sensors as they are close to 10 years old and the side door is used quite a bit. Thanks again Altor for your help no moisture involved as far as I know.

Your welcome davebuck,

There was a problem with the capacitor on the older version of the ID sensors when they first came out but that has being long sorted out. Replacing the units would be the thing to do if your happy you have no cable issues.

• Advertisement

Hi Altor problem fixed 2 faulty sensors both replaced and alarm working okay since
    Thanks again for your help

Hi Altor problem fixed 2 faulty sensors both replaced and alarm working okay since
    Thanks again for your help

Your welcome davebuck,

Good to hear its all sorted for you now :D

Advertisement