Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Veterinary...Budapest?

Options
  • 20-05-2009 3:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Anyone out there heading to Szent Istvan University to study veterinary in September 2009?!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭ashlingm

pm'ing you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Jen1985

Yeah i have applied. still waiting to hear if ive got in or not. wanted some information on it so anyone who knows anything about the course please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Yes i am going, got accepted last week,

Quitting my engineering job in Sweden and moving to Budapest baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eskimo steve

I've applied there recently, still waiting for a reply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eskimo steve

I have just heard that I've been accepted but I dont know for sure if I am going. I have very little information on accomodation-has anyone got it sorted yet?

• Advertisement

Just updating this - if anyone has Any questions pm me - I go there! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Does anyone know the best place to start to look for Accomodation? Do they have places on campus?

togster wrote: »
    Does anyone know the best place to start to look for Accomodation? Do they have places on campus?

pm'ing you too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 romur84

I will be going over next Oct to study also and am planning on heading out to Budapest for a few days in the final week of august to sort accomodation. Anyone in a similar postion pm me and we can bang heads. I'm working from the assumption that people on here would rather share than live in a studio on their own!
    I have very little info on accomodation in Budapest apart from what I can garner online. Perhaps between a few of us we would make a better fist of it. Please feel free to PM me if your interested. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Hi Guys,

I lived in Budapest for 6 years and can help out with info..
    There's no real centralised place for flat adverts without going through agencies.
    There's a notice board in the Vet uni which some landlords advertise on.
    I know a few decent flats to rent and a couple of decent agents..
    Enjoy Budapest - you'll have a ball :-)

HD

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 macskip

Hi Guys,
    As i just mentioned to Romu84 there on a seperate thread i have been living in Budapest for teh last few years and am back in ireland just this week due to this bloody recession.

i have had to leave the flat that i bought and renovated and i am looking for someone to rent it. It would be ideal if i could get some students into it as i could do an 11month rental and be able to use it in the off month.

Its a three bed classic flat and it was renovated & furnished for myself and girlfriend so you will be getting way more than a standard rental flat.

if anyone is interested in getting the details let me know. Also i will be over there on and off over the coming weeks sorting stuff out if anyone needs help/advice on the city.

Cheers
    Cormac

Hi Harry. Cheers for the reply mate. At the moment I'm pretty much flying in the dark as you can understand! Any info you you could provide re. agents and flats would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to pm me with details.
    HarryD wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

I lived in Budapest for 6 years and can help out with info..
    There's no real centralised place for flat adverts without going through agencies.
    There's a notice board in the Vet uni which some landlords advertise on.
    I know a few decent flats to rent and a couple of decent agents..
    Enjoy Budapest - you'll have a ball :-)

HD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 laura.l

Hey. Just found out today I got accepted to the vet college starting this September. Am 19 year old Irish student. Yeah I'm pretty lost when it comes to looking for accommodation too. Was looking at a few sites and it seems that a lot of them are geard towards people who want to live on their own. I would prefer to share with someone or even a few people, I'm not fussy. Will be headin over there on 31st of August. Just let me know if anybody is interested in findin a place.

Hi Laura!
    First of all many congratulations an getting accepted. Its a great opportunity and will allow you to pursue the career you've always wanted. Im a 25 yr old heading over to do pre-med in Oct and am also looking for people to share with. I feel I will have enough of an adjustment living in a new country with a foreign language without trying to do it solo! I have been in touch with some people regarding accomodation and have made some good inroads. Several are 2 beds and one 3 bed place also. I will PM you some details.
    Ciao,
    MJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 green jelly tot

laura.l wrote: »
    Hey. Just found out today I got accepted to the vet college starting this September. Am 19 year old Irish student. Yeah I'm pretty lost when it comes to looking for accommodation too. Was looking at a few sites and it seems that a lot of them are geard towards people who want to live on their own. I would prefer to share with someone or even a few people, I'm not fussy. Will be headin over there on 31st of August. Just let me know if anybody is interested in findin a place.
    hi laura!!!!just found out i got accepted as well for the vet programme..just twenty and totally lost,i'm heading out there this weds in a panic to get accomodation but dont fancy being a cork girl living by myself in budapest.so if you interested in sharing or thinking about it please comment back:confused:

Hi green jelly tot,
    Congrats on getting in! I am over here viewing apts at the moment. Starting pre-med in Oct. If you wanna meet up when your over feel free to pm me and ill give you my number. I am also looking to share but I appreciate that you might not be keen on sharing with a guy you've never met.:eek:
    It's nervewracking enough making the journey but I have found people here really helpful with very warm character so dont be too worried.
    Kind Regards,
    MJ :)

P.S. It's really warm here at the moment too so bring your shorts!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 graken

wittsend90 wrote: »
    Anyone out there heading to Szent Istvan University to study veterinary in September 2009?!!!
    hey im heading over to budapest aswell going wednesday morning totally terrified i havent a notion what to expect from it and iv nowhere to live yet!did you get sorted with accomodation yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 graken

hi laura!!!!just found out i got accepted as well for the vet programme..just twenty and totally lost,i'm heading out there this weds in a panic to get accomodation but dont fancy being a cork girl living by myself in budapest.so if you interested in sharing or thinking about it please comment back:confused:
    hey i just got accepted into vets aswell and dont know a sinner going so if anyone is interested in sharing let me know,i cant wait to go but im terrified!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

Guys,

Decent flat to rent here
    Also check out notice boards in University.

HD

Advertisement