Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSS dialler

Options
  • 27-07-2010 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,
    I have a HKC SecureWatch 8, with additional 4 zone expander, wireless PIR in garage and modem. I had this installed nearly 4 years ago and all pretty good. Always liked the text messages when alarm triggered and by what etc. We got rid of our landline 6 months ago and went with Skype for landline etc. Bought a skype dual handset so the PC doesn't need to be on to make and receive calls etc. I would like to get back the text message service for the alarm. I am aware that HKC produce their own GSM dialler that you put a SIM card in but heard this is dear, approx €300 plus, but see a lot of GSM dialers with SIM card holders on Ebay for between €50 and €150. Would these work as a cheaper alternative and has anyone done it?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Yes they will work but will not give you the detailed message like before

• Registered Users Posts: 36 homelogic.ie

Hi,
    I have a HKC SecureWatch 8, with additional 4 zone expander, wireless PIR in garage and modem. I had this installed nearly 4 years ago and all pretty good. Always liked the text messages when alarm triggered and by what etc. We got rid of our landline 6 months ago and went with Skype for landline etc. Bought a skype dual handset so the PC doesn't need to be on to make and receive calls etc. I would like to get back the text message service for the alarm. I am aware that HKC produce their own GSM dialler that you put a SIM card in but heard this is dear, approx €300 plus, but see a lot of GSM dialers with SIM card holders on Ebay for between €50 and €150. Would these work as a cheaper alternative and has anyone done it?

Cheers.

won't work unless you will use a GSM dialler with inputs/outputs onboard so you can programm them to refect to panel outputs. I'll be recommending a ROPAM module, but programming will involve a good alarm technician. additional functions like remote ARM/Disarm, Light, Heating control are available. PM me if you need an assistance

Advertisement