Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to find information GG Mother b. 1837

Options
  • 11-10-2015 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm trying to find place of birth etc of GG mother, Ann Naughton b 1837. She married Mathias Naughton around 1848. She lived from then in Turbane, Ballyfiran/Dysart, Roscommon. Her parents and all her sibblings emigrated in 1865 to US. She had 13 children and died In 1887. Can anyone help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

It is unlikely that a girl born 1837 would be married 1848.
    Ballyforan is on the border of Roscommon and East Galway, Naughton is common in both.
    Some possibilities are:
    Ballinasloe 18 January 1837, Anne, daughtr of John Naughton and Mary Fleming, sponsors : John Donnellan & Anne Finneran.
    Ballinasloe 20 May 1831, Anne of Michael and Bridget Naughton, sponsors : Michael Downey & Judith Conboy.
    Ballinasloe 11 June 1834 (born 4 June), Anne of Thomas Naughton and Mary Ruane, sponsor : Mary Blackwin.

If she was married some years later, another possibility would be:
    Athleague 12 Aug 1839, Anne of James Naughton and Brigid Irwin, sponsors : Pat Conry and Hugh Finnegan (Finneran?)
    Pat may be a female, or it may be a mistranscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 snobbles

Thanks for all your information. Apologies for my error with information. She was probably married in 1857. I think her mother was Feeny. This info came from American sources.

Advertisement