Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Civil registration districts?

Options
  • 30-10-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I seem to have lost a pdf file with each Reg. District and the associated parishes.

I'm looking for the Reg. District for Knocklong, Co. Limerick. I assume that it is Kilmallock but want to be sure?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭shanew

Kilmallock PLU / Registration District for all the Knocklong townlands - East & West in Knocklong c.p., and also Knocklong in Kilfrush c.p.

all three of the townlands are adjacent, with most of the town of Knocklong in Knocklong east townland.

see Townland Explorer - Limerick, Kilmallock PLU , or browse the newer version here select county and PLU then view the civil parish details, or enter part of the townland name as the search.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Shane, I did look at your website but didn't connect PLU with Reg Districts.

Many thanks, this page now bookmarked.

there's a nice map of the districts on FMP and later maps which show sub-districts (dispensary districts) are available on Logainm - scroll down to the section marked 'Historical maps > Boundaries'

Advertisement