Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Hymany park area Ballinasloe like?

Options
  • 11-07-2020 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭

My dad was offered a place by the council in new social housing development being built for older people between Hymany park and Tesco. We wouldn't know the area well and Ballinasloe doesnt seem to have the best reputation. Just looking for somewhere safe and quite, for an older person on their own. What do people think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,855 ✭✭✭✭flazio

It wouldn't be fair to tarnish the entire town with the same brush. Every town and city in the country has it's rough spots.
    None of the estates on the east of the river (Creagh) seem to be a cause for trouble, but then they're mostly privately owned. I think the town's poor reputation stems from the horse fair which is a hive of traveller activity every October. It's like their version of Lisdoonvarna.
    Growing up Hymany was known as a rough spot but lately I've not heard much trouble stemming from there recently. You say that the home is a new development for older people so it might be okay. The bungalows on Jubilee street were purposed by the council for that reason and they look well kept from the outside at least.
    The real rough spots at the moment tend to be the two estates near the Athletics track behind SuperValu, Esker Fields, St Anne's Park,St Threasas Park and St. Grellans Terrace.

Advertisement