Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thor th20 dishwasher problem

Options
  • 02-06-2021 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hi. When it starts up makes a grumbling noise for a few min. There's a very fast clicking noise that may be a relay. Beeps 30 times. I presume that's an error code. Anyone know a good resource for debugging these appliances? I think the issue is somewhere on the incoming water. It seems to drain ok. I did some basic poking about but all the action appears to be under the floor panel and I don't want to go at that before doing a little research. Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

sounds as though it has leaked and what you hear is the emptying pump activated, tilt it on its side or forward as much as possible and stand upright again and test to see if the problem is resolved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

sounds as though it has leaked and what you hear is the emptying pump activated, tilt it on its side or forward as much as possible and stand upright again and test to see if the problem is resolved
    This partially worked. I tipped it over and water came out. Restarted a wash and it did the cold cycle, then the hot cycle but stalled transitioning to the second heavier hot cycle. Now it's back making the grumbling noice when it's restarted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

fizzypish wrote: »
    This partially worked. I tipped it over and water came out. Restarted a wash and it did the cold cycle, then the hot cycle but stalled transitioning to the second heavier hot cycle. Now it's back making the grumbling noice when it's restarted.

You either didnt get all the water removed when you tilted it over or else you have a leak, the aqua stop is there to stop the dishwasher from flooding the kitchen if it detects a leak. you could try once more but if the problem persists you will have to get it seen to

Advertisement