Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lanzarote in November 2021 - where to stay

Options
  • 02-06-2021 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭

Myself & my wife, both 51, have booked flights to Lanzarote in November.

Assuming that we can travel (we are both fully vaccinated), any recommendations on where we should stay?

We've never been to Lanzarote but would like somewhere as lively as November can be i.e. bars with music etc.

I've been told that Puerto Del Carmen might suit us best and been recommended the Costa Sal apartments which are popular with Irish & UK tourists.

Anyone got any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Love PDC, it has something for everyone.
    I haven’t stayed in Costa Sal as we book privately owned places but I have heard it’s very good from my parents. One thing about Costa Sal is that they are a bit far from the main strip but taxis are cheap so it’s not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

If you want the lively end of things, then PDC is really your only option - but in November even there will be quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Tzardine wrote: »
    If you want the lively end of things, then PDC is really your only option - but in November even there will be quiet.

When the Island Bar in PDC was open it was packed in November and everywhere else very quiet, Not sure what it is like since Rory Left the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Many thanks for replies.

I don't expect anywhere to be rocking in November (and we're not able for that anymore!); but at least PDC would seem to be a place with a few bars with music on.

We'd be happy with that!

Interesting video here from 2 ladies who live on Fuerteventura and travel To Lanzarote for a Cheap Overnight Stay , They are english and are surprised at the number of Irish bars in PDC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6peIRna438

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct2C8HPWi_g&t=1s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭anne burnell

Check out the los Jameos hotel , it’s really lovely and they do a fab all inclusive , we have been going there in sept every year for a number of years and love it , amazing hotel and super staff

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭angel eyes 2012

Check out the los Jameos hotel , it’s really lovely and they do a fab all inclusive , we have been going there in sept every year for a number of years and love it , amazing hotel and super staff

We have booked the los Jameos for September as the prices were so good, usually it's too expensive. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

PGE1970 wrote: »

Assuming that we can travel (we are both fully vaccinated), any recommendations on where we should stay?

We've never been to Lanzarote but would like somewhere as lively as November can be i.e. bars with music etc.

I've been told that Puerto Del Carmen might suit us best and been recommended the Costa Sal apartments which are popular with Irish & UK tourists.

Thanks in advance!!

Puerto del Carmen has a New town and Old Town.
    The Old Town is where the majority of the restaurants are, by the harbour.
    The first few years we always stayed in the old town in Apartments called Agua Marina.
    Lovely views of the sea and a smallish complex with a pool and a snack bar.
    But the prices slowly crept up and we found that we liked to be closer to the beach.(The small beach Playa Chica.)

So we stayed last year in the Farrionnes apartments they're literally halfway between the new town and old town.
    They're really nice apartments and great location but they're gone up to 120 - 135 a night and I don't think they're worth that. Also, even pre-covid, it was impossible to get a sunbed at the pool so I'd say it's even harder now.
    But if you've the budget for the Farionnes Apartments I'd recommend them for a first stay.

I'd agree that most of the bars in the old town are Irish.
    Irish people running Irish Bars.
    Dublin Bars, Louth Bars, Cork Bars, Wexford Bars, they're all there!!
    But that's where the craic is and the chat etc.

Also, if you've got mobility issues be careful where you book.
    Some of the apartments only have outside stone stairs and can be quite steep.
    PDC is hilly, but taxi's are very good value at €3 to €5 so you can walk down to your restaurant and taxi home.

We stayed in the LA Florida one year, lovely 2* apartments with huge balcony and gorgeous views.
    It was up a hill but I loved the stroll down to the town with all the bars!

If you post up your budget, and what your priorities are you'll get a few more recommendations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭PGE1970

Thanks Elle for your great comment and advice. It is very much appreciated.

My wife has some mobility issues so is a slow walker although down hill would be fine. I'll also hire a car so have that for day trips, shops etc.

The Costa Sal was recommended to us and it is €90 per night and I was happy to budget about €15 per day on taxis as it is just outside PDC.

So happy with a budget of €90 to €120 per night.

Priorities would be

1. Comfy and possibly an older clientele - over 40s?
    2. Walking distance to restaurants/bars but happy to compromise this as per point re car/taxis above.
    3. That's it!

Thanks again for your comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

Thanks in advance!!

Stay in La Isla y el Mar, an amazing little hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

Lomo Blanco
    A bit up the hill but close enough to supermarkets and a stroll down to bars and restaurants

Thanks Elle for your great comment and advice. It is very much appreciated.

My wife has some mobility issues so is a slow walker although down hill would be fine. I'll also hire a car so have that for day trips, shops etc.

The Costa Sal was recommended to us and it is €90 per night and I was happy to budget about €15 per day on taxis as it is just outside PDC.

So happy with a budget of €90 to €120 per night.

Priorities would be

1. Comfy and possibly an older clientele - over 40s?
    2. Walking distance to restaurants/bars but happy to compromise this as per point re car/taxis above.
    3. That's it!

Thanks again for your comment.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

We’ve stayed at Costa Sal but in one of their bungalows not apartments, enjoyed our stay, it’s really in Matagorda though & a good stretch of the legs to the centre of Puerto Del Carmen but taxis are cheap & plenty of them, all along the seafront is pretty flat & easy to walk

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Another vote for Fariones Apartments, great location, very nice to stay in, cant go wrong really.

Another vote for Fariones Apartments, great location, very nice to stay in, cant go wrong really.

Except for the Germans hogging the Sun Loungers. I spent 2 weeks there about 15 years ago and I drove a group of them (10 or so ) mad, I was with my Wife and 6 Month child and every morning I would take 2 loungers in the middle of their preferred spot, They would come and try to move mine but I was on my overlooking balcony and stopped them every time - They were fuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭cml387

TimHorton wrote: »
    Except for the Germans hogging the Sun Loungers. I spent 2 weeks there about 15 years ago and I drove a group of them (10 or so ) mad, I was with my Wife and 6 Month child and every morning I would take 2 loungers in the middle of their preferred spot, They would come and try to move mine but I was on my overlooking balcony and stopped them every time - They were fuming.

That's a long time ago. The Germans have gone it's predominantly Irish and British now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭votecounts

November can be busy in PDC, parents own a villa there so I've been there a few times but not since Covid hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,566 ✭✭✭SteM

Tim Horton drove them away! I saw the corresponding thread on board.de 15 years ago about a crazy Irish man who hogged the sun loungers 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭DFB BOY

Apartamentos Panorama in Puerto Del Carmen is a Adults only apartment complex,lovely rooms,big pool with jacuzzi at end of it,pool bar serving drinks and snacks,about 5 min walk to the hustle and bustle of main strip and beach,highly recommend.

cml387 wrote: »
    That's a long time ago. The Germans have gone it's predominantly Irish and British now.

I've noticed the Germans and Swede's tend to go in winter months and stay for longer.
    Oct - Nov and Jan - March.
    Don't seem to be big spenders, self catering and lie out in the sun all day.

• Advertisement

votecounts wrote: »
    November can be busy in PDC, parents own a villa there so I've been there a few times but not since Covid hit.

Do they rent it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

Wouldn't recommend Costa Sal for your first visit. It's not PDC rather Matagorda which is much quieter. Stayed there years ago.

San Antonio Hotel is popular with Irish but don't go further away than there it's too far from bars/restaurants.

Rosamar apartments are nice and well located also beside a big Spar which is handy, anywhere around that area is handy and not too hilly. Las Lomas are convenient too but up a very steep hill.

There are plenty of private rentals too which would be reasonable and airbnbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Not been PDC since 2001! I noticed the wild cats are still about, was told they feed on the local lizards ! LOL! :pac:

Advertisement