Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for a political opinion.

Options
  • 25-05-2021 4:40pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15

A clear case of Mod bias whereby he/she used the catch-all excuse of "trolling" because they didn't like my pro-Israel posts.

The post in question was totally just and totally appropriate response to a pretty horrific post.

All my posts have been respectful and I've posted clear thoughts as opposed to facetious one-liners as appears popular with some.

I've literally only been posting for a few hours and it was the Israel/Pal thread that got this Mods back up. Totally unwarranted and shameful suppression of opposing views.

Discussion with the Mod was pointless as the response was "you're a troll".

Can someone look into it please, thanks.

Edit: And it appears all my posts were removed too, which further illustrates how censoring me was the primary goal.

Edit 2: Mod now engaging because he saw I'd opened a thread on here. Still making baffling excuses for my ban and it's obviously a personal bias at play here.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,303 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were banned 18 minutes before starting this thread

It is for you to engage with the mod to try and resolve this

You only start a thread here once that avenue is exhausted

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15 FactsANDLogic

Yes, I messaged the Mod straight away after getting banned.

His reply was "because you're a troll". I figured that I wasn't going to make any headway with him.

I then informed him of this thread, at which point he suddenly engaged and tried to expand on the "you're a troll", but it's obvious he was angered by my views rather than any actual post.

In an attempt to build a case against me, he cited a post in the "unpopular opinions" thread. The whole point of which is.... unpopular opinions. But he took offence to that.

To just permanently ban me as a "troll" having been given no warnings seems like a wild overreaction in my honest opinion.

Edit: He's refusing to communicate further. Very odd.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,303 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If you feel you have reached an impasse with the mod please post the full PM conversation here

Not quite sure how to go about that. Not very technical and it's all quotes. Would be a complete mess.

This was one of the posts he cited as worthy of a ban: It was in the "unpopular opinions" thread.
    LGBT - especially the Trans movement, BLM and the Environment emergency "10 years to save the planet" etc.

All vehicles for Marxism.

All designed to create social fractures in western society and usher in Marxism.

You can shout and scream about it all you want but you are an obvious troll and you have been banned for trolling

I replied with

One thread was about unpopular opinions, so I posted mine. That's the whole point of it.

He kept going in a circular argument that I am a troll, ergo banned for trolling. When asking why, it's because I'm a troll. So you can't win.

You are banned for trolling because you were, in fact, trolling.

Nothing more, nothing less.

You can use the dispute resolution forum, absolutely.

Have a nice day now

Regards,

Necro

To be honest I'd have had more respect for the guy if he just admitted my factual posts about Israel triggered him and he wanted me removed.

He also stated that my posts cause "stress"
    This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.

Provocative seems to be stating facts.

---

Edit: Appreciate the time you're taking to look into this matter for me by the way.

Can you please copy and paste the PMs you sent the moderator

Thanks

• Advertisement

Banned for "trolling" is the equivalent of "breach of the peace" when the police have nothing on you but you've pissed them off somehow.

Trolling is posting in a deliberate manner to instigate conflict. I posted well thought out stuff and took issue with one guy defending summer camps for kids to learn how to stab Jews.

That is not trolling, that's you being a power hungry censor. And you had you remove all of my posts why? because that was your real problem with me, you wanted those pro-Israel posts gone.
    One thread was about unpopular opinions, so I posted mine. That's the whole point of it.

Second was a thread about Chinese camps and some people wondering why nothing was being done, and I chimed in with my take on it. It's pretty well known the UN spends about 70% of its time on Israel whilst the rest of the world has problems. I posted my thoughts which is popularly shared in the Kurdish community.

This is terribly weak stuff from you. Absolutely desperate to silence me because of my Israel posts.

I've posted in the banned section because you're letting your personal bias affect the way you moderate.

How am I a troll? I explained my views in a reasonable manner. I wasn't name calling, I didn't post frivolous nonsense or one-liners designed to bait people.

Why don't you have the courage to admit you banned me because you cannot stand Israel supporters. That's the truth of it. Quite telling it was that thread and not the others that I posted in which you didn't consider "trolling".

Bearing in mind he had already permanently banned me without warning at this stage, so if my responses are a bit forceful I don't think it should impact my case as this was not what the ban was for.

All replies from the mod were along the lines of "you're a troll". Hence my increased exasperation.

Calling the mod "a power hungry censor"

On your prior account you said to him
    "**** off you fascist ****."

This appeal denied

You can discuss this further with me in the Prison forum

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement