Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Salmon spinning Road

Options
  • 23-05-2021 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello,

I'm a novice in regards to angling but have fished on and off for a trout.

I have recently got my salmon licence and I am looking for some tips.

Can anyone help with suggesting a good rod and reel for spinning with flying Cs and the like?

I'd preferably like a 9ft road but I am open to any and all advice on anything salmon spinning.

I will be mainly fishing the river lee at iniscarra Dam lee fields area so a rod that can cover the river from the bank and also wading. I need advice on what gram I should get and what series reel.

Budget of about €100.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

gavshee wrote: »
    Hello,

I'm a novice in regards to angling but have fished on and off for a trout.

I have recently got my salmon licence and I am looking for some tips.

Can anyone help with suggesting a good rod and reel for spinning with flying Cs and the like?

I'd preferably like a 9ft road but I am open to any and all advice on anything salmon spinning.

I will be mainly fishing the river lee at iniscarra Dam lee fields area so a rod that can cover the river from the bank and also wading. I need advice on what gram I should get and what series reel.

Budget of about €100.

Thanks in advance.

Try Murrays in Patrick St, they have all the info you need.

Advertisement