Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UK and Ireland payroll

Options
  • 16-05-2021 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi there,
    Can anyone briefly advise:
    what is the main difference between UK payroll and Irish Payroll?

My company will set up a new branch in UK, and there will be employees travel or secondment between UK and Ireland...

I am headache and wondering how to deal with this kind of dual payroll tax liability...

Thanks a mill!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I was involved in similiar situation few years ago - we did the Irish payroll inhouse here and then found it easier to use a UK based agency for the UK payroll - ensures all current and update procedures were being used.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Chatbox2000

Thanks a mill thesimpsons!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭PaybackPayroll

UK payroll has National Insurance and PAYE. Returns are submitted using RTI (real time information). Year starts on 6 April

Irish Payroll has PRSI, PAYE and USC. Revenue uses PAYE Modernisation to submit returns, which is similar to RTI. Year starts on 1 January

The taxes are calculated completely differently between the two systems, but this should not make too much of a difference, if you are using payroll software to calculate the taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

I had to do some uk payroll for a few people and tbh it wasnt easy. I outsourced it to another firm in Newry and i found it a bit expensive compare to costs here. I got some quotes from googling payroll firms on google and they were a lot more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Chatbox2000

Great, thanks guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement