Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NFL 2021 discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Donegal's defence are all over the place. Monaghan could have had another 2 goals but for poor finishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

What on earth is he complaining about that card for. Steps into the path of the Donegal man to block him and throws his arm across his neck for good measure. Pure stupidity.

Great game so far

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Having been given a black card already, that was a silly challenge to get a red for.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Beggan seems to be playing mostly outfield since the red card.

Beggan seems to be playing mostly outfield since the red card.

Does it regularly, even when they've 15 on the pitch. A team will rarely pick up a keeper and he plays a good role as the out ball and has a great delivery to runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Donegal's defence are all over the place. Monaghan could have had another 2 goals but for poor finishing.
    Yes Monaghan could easily have scored 6 goals in that half. A long tíme since Donegal was so poor in defence.

I'm loving the open/poor defending anyway. Makes the game far more exciting.

Ffs. An absolute deluge there now. That's gonna put the end to the good game we had and turn it scrappy.

dobman88 wrote: »
    Ffs. An absolute deluge there now. That's gonna put the end to the good game we had and turn it scrappy.

Lol. What do I know.

Farcical red card

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Eir commentary is hard going.

yop wrote: »
    Eir commentary is hard going.

It's on rte also if you have access to it.

Enjoyable match. Draw probably a fair result. Donegal did well to come back and stick at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭C__MC

I must say I love this new tactic in football of the keeper being an extra outfield player.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

C__MC wrote: »
    I must say I love this new tactic in football of the keeper being an extra outfield player.

It will be more entertaining when they lose possession, to see what happens next.

The aul fly keeper has happened often enough in recent years, would like to see it utilised a bit more tbh.

I do remember the Wicklow keeper being slated a few years ago, cos as mentioned above, he wasnt able to get back after losing possession.

See it often enough in the club game also where teams dont know what to do when a keeper comes out and he just remains free. Adds an interesting dimension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭blowitupref

The penalty miss for Armagh is proving costly. Would have put them 4 points ahead as it stands with about 11 minutes to play they are now 3 points behind

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

C__MC wrote: »

Really sums up the sad state of affairs of football these days.

Keeper can basically solo out as far as they like because defenders are instructed to stay on their man no matter what.

You'd really miss the unpredictabilty/gung ho aspect of football.

Now it's a game of chess.

Pussyhands wrote: »
    Really sums up the sad state of affairs of football these days.

Keeper can basically solo out as far as they like because defenders are instructed to stay on their man no matter what.

You'd really miss the unpredictabilty/gung ho aspect of football.

Now it's a game of chess.

Both codes have gone down that road.

All teams playing a very rigid tight possesion game.

5 gone super start to the kerry game, fast, open, great skill on display, shooting is woeful though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,029 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    5 gone super start to the kerry game, fast, open, great skill on display, shooting is woeful though.

And it's getting worse

1-01 v 0-06 Kerry lead at the water break.
    About a dozen wides is truly awful with less than 20 gone.
    Kerry playing well but the Dublin goal really showed up the Kerry defender, great patience in the lead up by the Dublin forwards.

Same problems in the Kerry defence shown up by the second Dublin goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭robbiezero

The 2 goals have badly rattled Kerry. They were very comfortable.
    All at sea now.

Poor by the ref, advantage should have lead to a Kerry goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Galway must be very very poor ......

Kerry full back line in the horrors.
    High ball into the square 10 minutes ago, easily won by Dublin, keeper saves well.
    Repeat the high ball 10 minutes later, easily won again, 3rd Dublin goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,219 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Absolute shocker of a decision.

Kerry and the media and hype, a real dampener on the GAA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

He took about 10 steps

Advertisement