Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for agreeing with poster that violent protests are wrong.

Options
  • 03-05-2021 9:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭

Want this overturned please.

On general premier league thread In soccer forum chatting relevantly about the protests that happened yesterday and cited a very similar incident that happened previously also to give my opinion that no matter what team one supports that violence is not the answer.

All of a sudden I can’t see or chat on said forum. What is this all about?

See my post below.

Quote: Dcully
    Nasty cut on that poor chaps face very close to his eye too could of been a lot worse.

Quote: Cypher_sounds
    Yeah he is very lucky.

Like that time the Liverpool fan threw a bottle and smashed the Real Madrid team bus window. Very lucky no one lost an eye there too. No need for violence in a protest.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

To be clear you picked up a yellow. The ban follows under the Soccer Forum totting up process.

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the relevant mod?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Beasty wrote: »
    To be clear you picked up a yellow. The ban follows under the Soccer Forum totting up process.

Have you attempted to resolve this via PM with the relevant mod?

Hi Beasty,

Thanks for that. I didn’t know it could be resolved with the mod as I was given instructions to message here if I want to dispute it. But since then we’ve been in dialogue.

Accused of baiting but as I said to the mod it was a genuine comparison. I was clearly trying to make an example of other fans doing bad things too and saying none of it’s acceptable in a protest.

If that’s baiting then you need to ban all pool fans from commenting on man United fans. Seems a huge stretch to receive an infraction and subsequent ban for a genuine comparison of incidents and condemning this behaviour.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,577 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Are you continuing with the appeal? It's not for me to discuss at this stage as the CMods deal with them

There is a flowchart at the head of the forum setting out the process. If you are on Touch you may need to go into the forum sticky. The standard PM accompanying any card or ban links to this forum, but the first stage is to discuss with the relevant mod.

In the case of the Soccer forum the Charter is very prescriptive and has built up based on feedback from forum regulars. It is worth reminding yourself of what it says as we do regularly see issues particularly when United (are due to!) play Liverpool

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'll review this.

• Administrators Posts: 53,439 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Having read the post in question, and subsequently read your PMs with the mod I am going to uphold this one. This was a clear attempt at getting a reaction from Liverpool fans in the soccer forum.

Under totting up this leads to a 2 week ban.

You can appeal to admin if you want to take this further.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

awec wrote: »
    Having read the post in question, and subsequently read your PMs with the mod I am going to uphold this one. This was a clear attempt at getting a reaction from Liverpool fans in the soccer forum.

Under totting up this leads to a 2 week ban.

You can appeal to admin if you want to take this further.

Thank you for looking into this. No it wasn’t an attempt at getting a reaction.

I won’t bother appealing this further as their are far more important things to be doing and I’ve become disillusioned with the soccer forum now.

Thank you

Marking resolved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement