Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,009 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

If Trump loses in 2024. The pillow guy could organize a pillow fight. Selling more pillows.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,439 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don’t know what other people think but with the release of the documents to the January 6th committee and the letter to Ivanka Trump and the info released through that letter, in my head there seems to be a turning of the tide. Maybe I’m wrong but the usual stall tactics aren’t working as well as they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Americans aren't living under Trump kid.

There's so much wrong with this post, I think it's just low grade trolling to be honest.

Leadership is keeping peace he says.......

These cosplay artists were working at the behest of your hero keep in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

Just because this poster doesn't share your opinion doesn't mean he is trolling.

Lefties would would want to spend less time worrying about Donald Trump and start worrying about their own house, it's crumbling away and the approval ratings are hitting new lows daily.

But I guess the ever falling approval ratings are Donald Trump's fault too?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Is your implication that Biden is a “lefty”?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

More people were killed by Bidens horrible handling of Afghanistan than in that incident.

Do you notice any difference between 'Lefties' and 'Righties' or whatever you want to call them. People on the left are able to look at Biden and his policies and judge them on their merit and so when they don't reflect what people want, people express disappointment in their elected representatives.

That is a black and white difference as to how conservatives have by and large allowed themselves to be brainwashed, (and I don't say that lightly, but I do mean it) by Trump, and his media supporters. Biden has and is attempting to do a lot right but has been hamstrung by Manchin and Sinema to a significant degree. But he already got his recovery bill past and his infrastructure bill.

He did so well on this respect that even Conservatives who voted against it are using it in their campaign material and lauding it as a success for their constituents. That says a lot more than opinion polls do really, doesn't it.

It's pretty amazing that over 74 million Americans voted for Trump in 2020, yet one guy on Boards who thinks he's not as bad as some of the others that have been in office or running is apparantly trolling 🙄

As you say, the anti Trump people still can't get over him. Joe speaks a good game yet fails miserably. Speaking big on climate change and yet won't sign the pledge to stop using coal.

What handling was that? Doing the very thing that the previous President said he was going to do and then didn't?

You'd want some neck to look at Afghanistan and the 20 year war that went on there and think the issue was the final few days of it and expect people to buy it. Well, either neck, or ignorance. Or maybe just be infatuated with Trump, which this post would lead me to believe is the most likely answer.

Most people who have met Trump say he is a great person and great company.

What sort of fan mail nonsense was that all about?

Trump got through four years without producing the Health Care plan he said would be ready to go when he got in to office. Biden has passed a Recovery Bill and Infrastructure Bill within the first year.

Your definition of failing miserably is very different to mine.

• Advertisement

By nearly all accounts, it's widely accepted Bidens handling of it was horrible.

Americans loved Trump and his belief that the USA are not the worlds policemen. Joe gets in the seat and within a year he's revving up for war with Russia. Biden better hope Russia don't step in on Ukraine or Americans will be brought back to the US in binbags again and the Americans are sick of that.

Just imagine if Trump was doing what Biden has been doing now....you'd have most of twitter saying Trump is trying to start WW3.

I lived in the US for 2 years of Trumps Presidency, they most definitely did not love him. Some did, but some of them are the same people that believe QANON conspiracy theories. If you want to talk about approval ratings, Trump never going above 50% while he was President should tell you just how loved he truly was. He was beaten in the popular vote twice for Gods sake.

I'm near done with responding to you, If Biden didn't react to Russian provocation with respect to Ukraine, Republicans would call him weak, he does, and you are trying to spin it as revving up for war.

Did you forget/miss/ignore Trumps initial provocation of North Korea before being played by Kim Jong-Un? How about him looking for options to attack Iran? Not to mention begging state Governors to use force on people using their first amendment rights to protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,980 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

It's pretty amazing that over 74 million Americans voted for Trump in 2020, yet one guy on Boards who thinks he's not as bad as some of the others that have been in office or running is apparantly trolling 🙄

It isn't just one guy...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Yeah, Biden isn't doing enough to slow climate change, you'll hear a lot of people criticise him on that. It's good that you care about the environment.

I'll just leave this here:

I'm not clicking that video, whatever Trump says about climate change has nothing to do with what Biden says and does.

Also I'm not sure which comment I made which make you think I care about climate change? I haven't stated my opinion on it. Me saying that Biden was saying pre presidency he'll tackle climate change and then refusing to sign the pledge stopping coal use does not mean that I care about the climate. I'm showing Biden only talks the talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,135 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

This is a Trump thread, if you've an opinion about Biden why don't you take it there. However since we're talking about Trump's environmental record, what's your opinion on Trump's withdrawal from the Paris climate accord, or indeed the video above if you can hear exactly what trump said, we know you love to hear what he says

Why are you acting like I'm the one initiating this conversation? You and your crowd were the ones who asked me why I supported Trump?

Trump got 5 million votes more in 2020 than Peter Perfect the Perfect Priest Barack Obama did in 2012.

Trump got 8 million more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016.

Dudes, I have no desire to convince any of you to support Trump. You've made your minds up. I came into this thread commenting about my excitement looking forward to the 2024 race

Americans loved Trump so much they turned out in record numbers to elect someone else.

they/them/theirs

You can beat the Biden is doing well drum all you want and pretend the Afghanistan withdrawal was a success and he's doing just dandy but the American people are not agreeing with your beliefs.

You hold serious concern for Qanon far right conspiracists and the police injured on Jan 6th yet far left nut jobs were screaming Defund the police and throwing rocks at police nationwide for a whole summer.

So do you actually have a problem with far reaching nutjobs on both sides or is it just the far right nutjobs that grind your gears?

Do you actually care about the police or just when it suits?

Consistency would be appreciated if nothing else...but for godsake man come back to reality at least and don't die on a hill trying to make out Biden is doing a good job because that ship has left the port.

• Advertisement

And Biden got 7 millions more that Trump.

Thats not even close, that’s a huge loss.

they/them/theirs

Tell me you don't understand turnout, without telling me you don't understand turnout.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - The go to rhetoric in this thread is "but but Biden...", in the Biden thread it's "but but Trump...". Stay on topic or don't post.

The threads are constantly being pulled off topic and I think it's about time to threadban posters who can't stay on topic.

Afghanistan was a disaster for the 20 years the was in there. It did not become a disaster because of the eventual withdrawal.

In terms of the extremes on the left versus the right there's no doubt some on the left, it's inevitable, but they weren't the majority of the people who protested against the disproportionate allocation of public funds in to the police rather than social services, public amenities, education and other supports. QANON believes 'that a cabal of Satanic, cannibalistic pedophiles operate a global child sex trafficking ring that conspired against the former U.S. President Donald Trump during his term in office'. (Maybe they got confused with Matt Gaetz?)

If the extreme from the left got their way, police forces would have to readjust their focus while other groups could plan with better funding, if the extreme on the right got their way, the democratic result of the last election would have been turned over and Trump (who initiated and insurrection) would still be in office.

These extremes are not comparable.

You should go hard on backing him at the bookies for 2024. Lots of money to be made, 'Fill your boots' I think the phrase was that was used time and again in the lead up to 2020.

Lots of guys were apparently going to make a killing betting on the outcome then. Don't see any of them around now to see are they going to do the same thing next time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

So, you're asked why you support Trump. One of the reasons given is Biden failing to deliver on a particular part of environmental policy. The argument you're making is either that Trump wasn't weak on that point or that Trump wouldn't fail to fulfil an election promise. I suppose there's a third option, but that is only really suitable for the Stormfront forum.

The poster likes Donald Trump what about it? there was 74 million others that did a year or so ago too and with Donald Trumps approval actually rising since leaving his office and more than likely gaining back some independents that the current administration has lost dare I say it's considerably more than 74 million at the moment that are fond of Mr Trump.

more than likely gaining back some independents that the current administration has lost dare I say it's considerably more than 74 million at the moment that are fond of Mr Trump.

He undermined the US democratic process and made a show of the office of the President between the 3rd of November (if not before it) and the 20th of January. Not to mention he literally incited an insurrection.

The idea that everyone who voted for him would still do so and that he may have won back some independents is not based on any sort of reality. If it is, it makes a mockery of the supposed conservative ideals of respecting the wishes of the founding fathers above anything else.

If it is Trump v Biden in 2024.

Biden has evidently lost the independents who won him the Whitehouse that is fact.

Wether those said independents swing and vote for trump again.. your right is the question and depends on how this administration performs from now untill 2024 but with midterms heavily swaying in the republicans favour it seems one would be forgiven for a having a grim forecast for the blue side of Washington.

I agree with you on how a twice impeached reality TV star involved in serious legal difficulties and believed to be responsible for an insurrection on the capitol is The bookmakers favourite to win the Whitehouse for a second time is crazy. no doubt 100% crazy but also shows both just how popular he still is and how off the ball the Dems are right now.

• Advertisement

Biden has evidently lost the independents who won him the Whitehouse that is fact.

No, it isn't fact.

It is much more likely that people can simultaneously want Biden to do better and never want to see Trump in office again. There's no rational for saying that just because people judge Biden because of things largely outside of his control (Sinema/Manchin) to the point that they would rather Trump was in office.

Trump was twice impeached, demonstrably lied nearly 40,000 times while in office, had 235 indictments served on people connected to his administration, deliberately downplayed Covid and then negatively impacted how the US handled it with dangerous rhetoric, undermined the entire electoral process and begged states to find just enough votes to give him the win, incited an insurrection and slunk away from the White House at the end. I'm not saying he won't win should he win in 2024 because the Republicans are doing all sorts of sh*t to impact access to voting, but there is no logical basis for saying that more Americans would rather he was in office right now than Biden.

Advertisement