Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPC Connect

Options
  • 19-01-2020 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All,

When I log into SPC Connect I'm getting the following error message when trying to connect to the panel

SPC Connect was not able to retrieve all information from the Panel. Some of the data has been hidden. This is possibly due to communications being lost with the panel or the User's Panel Connection Details being out of sync (User's pin changed on panel?).

When connecting to the panel webpage, I cannot access the log section

https://www.spcconnect.com/wapi/flexcweb.aspx/secure.htm?session=0x8FB84EC09F6180ED&page=log

Panel is SPC4300 running firmware 3.6.6

I'm also no longer able to log into the Android App using the same SPC username and password.

Any idea's? Do I need to upgrade to 3.8.5?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Has the username or user code on the alarm panel been changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭3 Dollar Bill

KoolKid wrote: »

I had the wrong privileges on the user for the panel in SPC connect so that resolved the 1st issue.

Still having an issue with the Android App, using the same credentials as when logging into SPC connect via web browser...am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The login for the app is your user name 7 password for your account at www.spcconnect.com

Can you login there with the same credentials you are using to login on the app?

The login for the app is your user name 7 password for your account at www.spcconnect.com

Can you login there with the same credentials you are using to login on the app?

I can login on www spcconnect.com with same credentials but not on the app?

Do I need to upgrade the firmware so I can use the app?

Just checked my old phone (OnePlus 3T) and I can connect OK via V1.5.0#37 but not using V1.7.1#52 on Samsung Galaxy A50 (new phone)

Update 20:53

Updated app on OnePlus3T and worked OK. Tried again on A50 and realised I had a space after my Username that was causing the issue.

The space is a common issue alright.
    Once you can login to Spc connect everything should be fine. That's basically all that the app is doing.

• Advertisement

Any advantage in upgrading the firmware to 3.8.5 or should I leave it as 3.6.6?

There wouldn't be anything major unless you goto 390 or 391 which brings you the new 2 way wireless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

wrong post

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭pauliemc

Colm, you still answering queries. My SPC panel is offline and won’t connect to the internet

Is the panel online on your local network?

• Advertisement

Is the panel online on your local network?

How would I check that? All I know is that it’s showing as offline in my SPC connect app. Thanks

pauliemc wrote: »
    How would I check that? All I know is that it’s showing as offline in my SPC connect app. Thanks

Photo of what I think you are asking for?

Photo of what I think you are asking for?

Have you engineer access to the panel?
    Has your broadband provider or router changed?

Have you engineer access to the panel?
    Has your broadband provider or router changed?

Broadband and router have changed. I assumed it would pick up the new broadband as it is a lan connection

Broadband and router have changed. I assumed it would pick up the new broadband as it is a lan connection

I don’t believe I have enginner access to panel. It was yourself who installed it

PM me your details and I'll see can I take a look for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jinish

Hi Colm

My SPC connect/panel/app is offline. My broadband was changed this week. The panel is connected via ethernet. But the status is offline.

I have engineering access enabled. The keypad also showing that it's offline.

The IP on the keypad is 198.162.000.100

The new broadband IP is 198.162.1.254

I am not sure how to make it work...

Any workaround, please?

Post edited by jinish on

Go into engineer. Goto Communications > Ethernet and change the IP settings there to match your new network range.

After that goto Utilities and Panel Restart.

That should get the panel ba k Connected.

Advertisement