Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signet 200 RF jamming fault

Options
  • 15-06-2016 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any idea of what an RF jamming fault is on europlex signet 200 alarm is?
    It has been ongoing in my parents for tje last while and has my dad going mad.
    Keeps going off at 3 in the morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any idea of what an RF jamming fault is on europlex signet 200 alarm is?
    It has been ongoing in my parents for tje last while and has my dad going mad.
    Keeps going off at 3 in the morning

What type sensors have you installed?
    On some of the older Visonic motions this can be caused by a bad power up.
    Has he replaced battery in sensors?
    Have you introduced any new wire free devices into the environment?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

altor wrote: »
    What type sensors have you installed?
    On some of the older Visonic motions this can be caused by a bad power up.
    Has he replaced battery in sensors?
    Have you introduced any new wire free devices into the environment?

Mostly impact sensors on windows with two door sensors. All wireless.
    No new wireless devices or electronic equipment in the house.
    We replaced batteries last year but i will check them with multi meter just in case.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

On older SigNET software this fault doesn't always clear straightaway.
    I'd start with PiRs , if any.If nothing obvious power down devices one by one & restart the panel each time. If the jamming is still present or returns after a minute or so move onto the next device. and so on.
    Also check if you have any key fobs that may be transmitting. Have you more than one wireless receiver by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Kevincavan83

KoolKid wrote: »
    On older SigNET software this fault doesn't always clear straightaway.
    I'd start with PiRs , if any.If nothing obvious power down devices one by one & restart the panel each time. If the jamming is still present or returns after a minute or so move onto the next device. and so on.
    Also check if you have any key fobs that may be transmitting. Have you more than one wireless receiver by any chance?

Never thought of the PIR, no key fobs. I must check battery when im over

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Never thought of the PIR, no key fobs. I must check battery when im over

Pirs are always the main culprit, although I have seen a few of the older contacts causing some issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Change the batteries in all detectors and ensure the red LED doesn't stay continuously lit.

Your parents don't have a wireless thermostat by any chance ? Some of these constantly transmit when they have a low battery.

868mhz is an unlicensed frequency so anyone can use use it. The interference could also be coming from a neighbours house.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ShayDub

Hi, just curious reading about the "RF Jam Fault" issue. Maybe someone can assist me. I had my house alarm installed less than 2 years ago. Working fine for ages then this "RF Jam Fault" text kept appearing on my mobile and on the control panel. I would disarm the alarm either on the panel or on my phone and a few minutes later I receive this text and again and again and again...pain in the hole as its eating my credit up on alarm sim and the alarm is obviously malfunctioning. I know the usual reasons - new electronic devices, neighbours new alarms, new ifones, new wifi internet etc etc but I dont this is the problem. The alarm is a HKC. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Try power down the wireless devices one by one and see if it clears.
    Any chance there might be a wireless remote in a drawer with something sitting on it?

I'll check if theres any hidden remotes but I dont think so ...I dont have too many wireless devices anyway either except a HP printer which is rarely on, never mind used...what other wireless devices are there that I might have without knowing!? Thanks.

The wireless devices on the alarm.

• Advertisement

Sorry KK I'm lost now.... :/

Is your alarm not using wireless devices?
    Sensors, contacts, PiRs?

Oh yeah...there are PIR's and sensors on the doors but I assumed they wouldnt expire after less that 2 years, thought they'd have a longer lifespan. The PIRs all still light up (blue) when they detect activity...some of these are not wireless, so no batteries but the others might have batteries, I will check these then yeah? Thanks.

Might not be a low battery yet. But it could be a device transmitting more than it should be. Removing the battery will stop the transmission and should indicate where the jamming is coming from.

OK thanks for all your help. I will check this out.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

A quick google says these are on 860Mhz, not too far from Band 20 TDD. If the house is in very close proximity to a site or somebody nearby is running a repeater(currently illegal) then you could be suffering from sideband noise.

Advertisement