Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Shed for Terraced House

Options
  • 09-06-2021 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I know there have been threads about this before but am looking for more up to date info. Can anybody recommend a supplier for a (small) garden shed for a terraced house? I don’t have a side entrance and the route through the house isn’t straight.

Any help appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭standardg60

From what i remember an 8x6 shed was the biggest that could pass through a house.
    Imo suppliers are all much of a muchness.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,122 ✭✭✭✭looksee

A shed side will go through a normal door (6'6" high) at a bit of an angle provided it (the shed side) is no more than about 7' high. Check what will go through your doors allowing for the diagonal giving you a bit of leeway. then use a piece of timber 8' long and thread it through the house to see if it will turn corners. If for example you have a galley kitchen with presses opposite the back door you may have problems turning to get through the door. Then check your measurements against shed suppliers' measurements. Some of them would be willing to make adjustments to measurements but you would have to check.

Remember to allow for the thickness of the wall frame and cladding when measuring diagonals.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭ec_pc

How close are you to the end of terrace? My mother in law is third from the end of her terrace and got a steel shed which thanks to understanding neighbours came in over the walls of the back gardens for some of the larger panels. The end of terrace house sided onto a green area. May or may not work for you.

Advertisement