Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBD oil

Options
  • 17-07-2020 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭

What is the law in Ireland regarding TCP levels in CBD oil?

Some people seem to say zero and others say 0.2%.

If I guess I would say that that 0.2% figure -if correct probably represents a trace amount that is just unavoidable in the manufacturing process.

I have also heard from a therapeutic pov that a higher level of TCP can be good ,depending on circumstance perhaps.

Are there any legal ways to get around this seemingly strict limit on how much TCP can be consumed along with the CBD oil?

Is it illegal to grow a Marijuana plant for personal use ,for example (not for extracting the TCP oil as that would surely be illegal even if for personal use)

I have just bought some CBD oil and haven't tried it yet......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Mod Moving from After Hours.

Best suited here OP

Anyone following from AH, please note the charter here is more serious & stricter. Please read before posting.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

TCP the antiseptic? I don't think it turns up in anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,657 ✭✭✭brian_t

L1011 wrote: »
    Probably means THC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭amandstu

https://www.livescience.com/24553-what-is-thc.html .....not sure where we are going with this (caustic wit?)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

brian_t wrote: »
    Probably means THC.

In which case they're asking how to break the law, basically.

• Advertisement

In which case they're asking how to break the law, basically.
    Basically not.I asked if it was legal or not .(nor am I "they")

amandstu wrote: »
    Basically not.I asked if it was legal or not .(nor am I "they")

Well, its not legal - and you were clearly aware of that to begin with

If you're annoyed with the idea of the single person they; I suggest you bring it up with the 17th Century.

Well, its not legal - and you were clearly aware of that to begin with

If you're annoyed with the idea of the single person they; I suggest you bring it up with the 17th Century.

How am I "clearly aware" it is legal if I can find it being sold on the high street and openly online from there * ?

Seems legal to me ...or are there 2 laws, one formal and one in practice.

You used "they" in a disparaging sense not a 17th century sense Mr Smart***.

* no I am not going to say where.

Mod
    Keep cool folks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 patobrien12

The problem with THC in Ireland is it falls under the misuse of drugs act which means it is illegal in any form. However, there is another law that allows hemp to be grown with a THC content up to 0.2%. There is currently a discrepancy in the law and the gards have released a statement saying they will be looking into this discrepancy with a view of changing it. At the moment it seems a lot of online shops are getting away with this but its more than likely because this is soon to be changed anyway. The EU Commission will be proposing increasing the THC level to 1% which will mean that the FSAI should be adopting this but than again nothing is straightforward in the CBD industry.

Advertisement