Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Needles phobia

• 09-06-2021 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Went in for covid jab my god the head just went the lady had 10 needles in front of her, I know it's 1 jab but head just went many years of seeing parents on cancer treatment has just made my phobia worse. The woman could see I was going white as a sheet and said do you want to go lie down etc. I just wanted out and have fresh air real anxiety about this now another text sent for Friday and my head just fried has even given me pain in left shoulder now the anxiety so much. Anyone have advice???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭dobman88

I dont have a phobia at the same level as yours but I have a dislike for needles.

What I've done when I had to get jabs for work is tell the nurse beforehand so that she can leave the needles out of sight before I come in the room, prepare them out of sight and I listen to music while she does. Then she just comes over and gives me the jab. It makes a world of difference when I cant actually see the needles or her preparing them.

I'm not sure if that's possible for your covid jab but it could be an idea to ask them.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Might be too late to post this but my friends daughter has a bad needle phobia. She uses numbing topical cream on the area beforehand so she doesn’t even feel the needle when having it. Most chemists would stock it. That and she doesn’t look at it beforehand which helps. Most nurses are so skilled at giving jabs now that you really don’t feel much but I understand why the whole thing would give you anxiety. Maybe look into the topical cream, if you know you won’t feel anything it might lessen the fear for you beforehand.

Advertisement