Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Oil smell in kitchen

• 06-06-2021 10:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice. Our boiler is right outside our back door in a little room off to the side, so it's very close to the kitchen. I noticed a smell of kerosene today when we turned on the heat, that's drifting into the kitchen. I'm wondering is it something we should get on to our landlord about or is it the proximity of the boiler to the kitchen that is the reason for this (the pipes from the boiler come through into the hot tank in a cupboard in the kitchen)? There's no smell when the boiler is off, and I don't recall noticing this smell before.

Thanks for any advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,407 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Do you have windows open now with the warmer days that you wouldn't have had before? If it was a leak of kerosene it would be there pretty much permanently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Do you have windows open now with the warmer days that you wouldn't have had before? If it was a leak of kerosene it would be there pretty much permanently.

Not really no. I only get the smell when the boiler comes on. It's a cold house so we usually have the heat on quite often but as I think of it we didn't have it on much over the past few days, certainly a lot less than usual. Could it be something to do with that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Get the landlord on to it straight away. A kerosene leak will be extremely problematic for them and if it turns out bad has all sorts of implications both environmental house insurance etc.
    .it needs to be examined by a qualified plumber asap.

Advertisement