Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infraction

Options
  • 23-05-2021 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

not sure if this is the correct way to do this but see below hullaballoo may be a solicitor and may have taken offence and treated this a blasphemy but as i pointed out this is a public forum, not a law society site or solicitors site and no legal advice is given and as solicitors can be moderators users but must bear in mind public forum

99 percent of solicitor's give the rest of them a bad name

see below for more detail

Re: You have received an infraction
    Ok I find your points to be disingenuous so if you want to short circuit this, you can now bring a DRP appeal as I'll not be reducing the sanction thanks.

hullaballoo

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tommyit
    Hi hullaballoo
    i totally get you to point if this was a solicitor or law society forum but this was a one-line clean joke
    on an open public forum where it is often said that no legal advice can be given so if solicitors are viewing it is for their own benefit advice is given on other forums
    and they have a sense of humor

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hullaballoo
    Well now that's not what you did.

You went to the forum with the highest concentration of solicitors/lawyers and posted something deliberately targeting their professional integrity.

Just as a little social experiment, go to the architecture forum and post a "joke" disparaging the entire profession and we will see what the reaction is there?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by tommyit
    Hi hullaballoo ; [
    i just posted a one-line clean joke
    on an open form

QUOTE=hullaballoo]Dear tommyit,

You have been infracted for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

If you wish to appeal this infraction you can see details on how to do so here.

hullaballoo

Your post:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tommyit View Post
    99 percent of solicitor's give the rest of them a bad name
    [/QUOTE]

Quick Reply

Bold
    Italic
    Underline

Insert Link

Wrap
    tags around selected text

Decrease Size
    Increase Size
    Ok I find your points to be disingenuous so if you want to short circuit this, you can now bring a DRP appeal as I'll not be reducing the sanction thanks.

hullaballoo
    tommyit wrote:
    Hi hullaballoo
    i totally get you to point if this was a solicitor or law society forum but this was a one-line clean joke
    on an open public forum where it is often said that no legal advice can be given so if solicitors are viewing it is for their own benefit advice is given on other forums
    and they have a sense of humor
    Well now that's not what you did.

You went to the forum with the highest concentration of solicitors/lawyers and posted something deliberately targeting their professional integrity.

Just as a little social experiment, go to the architecture forum and post a "joke" disparaging the entire profession and we will see what the reaction is there?

tommyit wrote:
    Hi hullaballoo ; [
    i just posted a one-line clean joke
    on an open form

QUOTE=hullaballoo]Dear tommyit,

You have been infracted for Trolling.

This means you are posting in an intentionally provocative fashion in order to gain a reaction from other members. This is disruptive and causes stress to other members.
    We don't want that here.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

You've marked this resolved already. Is this really resolved? If not, could you please clean up the tags of the PM conversation so that it's legible and properly reflects the conversation?

Advertisement