Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need your advice please...

Options
  • 29-04-2021 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, I bought my Apple Mac about ten years ago, to use in my home studio. I want to upgrade to a later mac, which brings me to my problem:

I have pro tools 12, ezdrummer and ezkeys installed on the computer. Can someone explain to me how to safely uninstall the software and install it on my new computer please? I'm not tech savvy at all and just afraid i'll loose ten years of work if i do something wrong.

Any help appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Shtickboy

hi there if you use migration assistant on your mac it will copy all you mac settings and apps from the old mac to the new one.
    i have done it many times over the years and works perfectly with all my logic pro settings and projects etc

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭tview

Shtickboy wrote: »
    hi there if you use migration assistant on your mac it will copy all you mac settings and apps from the old mac to the new one.
    i have done it many times over the years and works perfectly with all my logic pro settings and projects etc

Tnx for reply mate. Apologies for getting back only now.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Unicorn Milk Latte

When you get a new Mac, it always has the latest version of macOS installed, and cannot be rolled back to older versions.

So while migrating audio apps etc. to a new Mac is easy, make sure that all crucial hardware and software is compatible with the new OS. Protools is usually pretty far behind when it comes to new OS releases. Many pieces of audio hardware and software are not yet ready for macOS Big Sur.

You can find good compatibility lists here and here.

Advertisement