Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fishing club for community group disabilities/ mental health service

Options
  • 14-05-2021 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, i am an experienced shore angler for bass and flatties and the odd conger and macks. Living and working in cooley peninsula. I am interested in setting up a sea angling group for a group of service users in the adult mental health services in hse where i work to promote outdoor activities / health and reduce social isolation especially in current climate social diatancing etc is possible on a shore line. Any suggestions how to go about and where to start. Was thinking morning digging lug worms on templetown strand on the way to caroingford and fishing the coming tide with paternoster type rigs and maybe bit of spinning with light rods. Bear in mind i have to apply for funding to purchase fishing gear though could bring my own in the interim to get started. Any suggestions most welcome? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

gomamochi1 wrote: »
    Hi folks, i am an experienced shore angler for bass and flatties and the odd conger and macks. Living and working in cooley peninsula. I am interested in setting up a sea angling group for a group of service users in the adult mental health services in hse where i work to promote outdoor activities / health and reduce social isolation especially in current climate social diatancing etc is possible on a shore line. Any suggestions how to go about and where to start. Was thinking morning digging lug worms on templetown strand on the way to caroingford and fishing the coming tide with paternoster type rigs and maybe bit of spinning with light rods. Bear in mind i have to apply for funding to purchase fishing gear though could bring my own in the interim to get started. Any suggestions most welcome? Thanks

IFI have an education and outreach team. Funded by dormant account funding specifically to get disadvantaged and marginalised people into fishing. Send them a message and if they have spare resources they will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭gomamochi1

Zzippy wrote: »
    IFI have an education and outreach team. Funded by dormant account funding specifically to get disadvantaged and marginalised people into fishing. Send them a message and if they have spare resources they will help.

Wrote to ifi now so just waiting.to hear back from them. Thanks

Advertisement