Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Whey Concentrate recommendation please

Options
  • 04-02-2021 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭

hi all,
    I'm doing weights 4 times weekly and few bits cardio in between. Ideally looking to add muscle to arms but in general to bulk up etc anyway.
    So I researched whey and I'm being put off whey isolate due to lots of rumours about whey isolate causing baldness and receding hair etc... By the sounds of it whey concentrate doesn't have this affect or so the "experts" are saying so I'm looking to play safe and just go with whey concentrate just in case, I'm very thin on top already so not looking to make it worse :)
    So bottom line, can anyone recommend a good whey concentrate? Not isolate or a blend or anything, just whey concentrate please.
    So far I was tempted by "Impact Whey protein" and "Protein World whey protein concentrate". But I'm new to all this so figured I'd ask here before I bite the bullet.
    Thanks in advance.... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Steven_21

Hey, I'm working within supplement industry and never actually came across anyone who got bold after using Whey Isolate, baldness have more to do with testosterone, steroids etc.
    Whey Isolate is leaner and usually lactose free. Concentrate I would recommend.. 100% pure whey from biotech

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

NewRed2 wrote: »
    hi all,
    I'm doing weights 4 times weekly and few bits cardio in between. Ideally looking to add muscle to arms but in general to bulk up etc anyway.
    So I researched whey and I'm being put off whey isolate due to lots of rumours about whey isolate causing baldness and receding hair etc... By the sounds of it whey concentrate doesn't have this affect or so the "experts" are saying so I'm looking to play safe and just go with whey concentrate just in case, I'm very thin on top already so not looking to make it worse :)
    So bottom line, can anyone recommend a good whey concentrate? Not isolate or a blend or anything, just whey concentrate please.
    So far I was tempted by "Impact Whey protein" and "Protein World whey protein concentrate". But I'm new to all this so figured I'd ask here before I bite the bullet.
    Thanks in advance.... :)
    You should not believe everything you read on the Internet!

Advertisement