Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Channel 4 iplayer on LG Smart TV

Options
  • 13-06-2021 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Is there anyway to watch C4 iplayer on my LG Smart TV, I can watch it on my laptop but its not the same as on a TV, would really appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭athlone573

ZeldaF wrote: »
    Is there anyway to watch C4 iplayer on my LG Smart TV, I can watch it on my laptop but its not the same as on a TV, would really appreciate any advice. Thanks a lot.

Its called all4

Try setting your TV to UK and see if it appears in the LG app store (I don't have an a LG TV to know how)

Or you could try connecting your laptop to the TV using a Hdmi cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

You can change LG app store to Uk and download All4 but it will give you an error. Most likely geolocked,

GIMP wrote: »
    You can change LG app store to Uk and download All4 but it will give you an error. Most likely geolocked,

All 4 unlike BBC I Player is not generally geo locked

athlone573 wrote: »
    All 4 unlike BBC I Player is not generally geo locked

Well never worked on any of my tvs, always gives an error

Maybe on LG. Its worth a try anyhow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39 ZeldaF

Thanks ill try that, how does the HDMI cable work, could I get one at Power City?

Thanks ill try that, how does the HDMI cable work, could I get one at Power City?

Power City have a website

The Hdmi cables have two ends, one end plugs into the TV
    And the other end plugs into the laptop
    Then your TV should show whatever is on your laptop
    You may need to press some buttons on the laptop to make it work

Would i lose RTE iplayer and TG4 iplayer if I changed to UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,342 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Works on my Sony, don't know about LG.

One or 2 things I've tried has been locked, mainly live shows, but generally not
    Most of the boxsets I've tried is OK, but one of the newer ones I tried (Handmaid's Tail maybe) was geolocked.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

All4 is not geoblocked (or rather, the geoblocking is Ireland friendly - save for live streaming and certain programmes, mostly sport).

However I’ve never seen an app in the Irish LG content store (my two LGs, one on the legacy OS, one a relatively early webOS TV) are now fairly long in the tooth. It appears to be on the Irish stores of some other brands of smart TV though, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

There’s an app for Apple TV if you have one and the iOS app at any rate supports Chromecast.

• Advertisement

icdg wrote: »
    All4 is not geoblocked (or rather, the geoblocking is Ireland friendly - save for live streaming and certain programmes, mostly sport).

However I’ve never seen an app in the Irish LG content store (my two LGs, one on the legacy OS, one a relatively early webOS TV) are now fairly long in the tooth. It appears to be on the Irish stores of some other brands of smart TV though, so I’m not sure what the issue is.

There’s an app for Apple TV if you have one and the iOS app at any rate supports Chromecast.

Its not on the Irish store but is on the uk one. If you have Sky, All4 content is available to customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I have 2 LG TVs , both set up initially using a UK postcode.

All4 works fine but RTE player gives a region error and doesn't work ..

I never use RTE player anyway and would rather have access to All4.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have an LG tv and could not get All4 to work, but I have a chromecast so just cast instead.

dulpit wrote: »
    I have an LG tv and could not get All4 to work, but I have a chromecast so just cast instead.

Is it difficult to set up a chrome cast, sorry I'm not very techy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

You don’t need a chromecast. Change tv region to uk, download the app and then change back to Ireland. I have this exact setup on LG and I can watch RTE player and channel 4 (it’s not region locked)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I have BBC,ITV,Channel 4,my5 on my LG Tv and none off them work as I'm in the Republic of Ireland.

BBC Sounds works.

You don’t need a chromecast. Change tv region to uk, download the app and then change back to Ireland. I have this exact setup on LG and I can watch RTE player and channel 4 (it’s not region locked)

Sounds great, Which area do you change the location.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Sounds great, Which area do you change the location.

Just follow this, to change the region. It wont remove any other settings etc. The TV will restart

https://help.simpletelly.com/article/395-changing-lg-service-country-region-on-lg-tv-webos

Just follow this, to change the region. It wont remove any other settings etc. The TV will restart

https://help.simpletelly.com/article/395-changing-lg-service-country-region-on-lg-tv-webos

Fantastic and thrn where can I get the C4 iplayer from?

Tried this again, doesn't work, app down loaded and it fails on uk location and Irish location.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,268 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Nope, very easy. You need to be on same wifi on phone as the chromecast and then go to All4, play the video and you'll see the cast button up in top corner, press that and away you go.

dulpit wrote: »
    Nope, very easy. You need to be on same wifi on phone as the chromecast and then go to All4, play the video and you'll see the cast button up in top corner, press that and away you go.

Is chromecast an app?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Tried this again, doesn't work, app down loaded and it fails on uk location and Irish location.

Does All4 work in a browser on laptop? If so, perhaps try a manual IP address on the TV and use DNS 1.1.1.1 - Cloudflare -might make a diff.

I guess you have already removed All4 and rebooted the TV before adding back again? Had to do that on a 2018 LG TV for another app - it would not delete the cached data.

Well I managed to change the location etc and downloaded the All4 app,
    It worked for a couple of hours and I watched some stuff then it started stopping and varying between UK and Irish adverts. I went back and changed location to Ireland and now it won't play, saying oops something went wrong.

Guess I will have to consider Chromecast, is this free or do I need to buy an app?

Guess I will have to consider Chromecast, is this free or do I need to buy an app?

Chrome cast is a physical tangible device, not free.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Damien King

Use the tv's internet browser and go to the channel 4 website. Sign up and youre good to go. Works well on our LG tv.

Alternatively just use wireless screen mirroring if your laptop is windows 10.

Use the tv's internet browser and go to the channel 4 website. Sign up and youre good to go. Works well on our LG tv.

Alternatively just use wireless screen mirroring if your laptop is windows 10.

I was able to do the 1st option but after a couple of hours the ads changed to irish ads and it stopped working.

Laptop is not Windows 10.

Advertisement