Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quality of btwin gear

Options
  • 29-07-2012 7:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    i'm living in Brussels for a bit and recently discovered a decathlon nearby. I was impressed by some of the gear at the shop and am interested in buying a new helmet and a small backpack for mtb'ing...Has anyone had any experience with btwin?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭mcgratheoin

It's pretty good in general but at that price point it's excellent. I use a lot of decathlon gear for skiing and cycling and the OH has a BTwin Triban road bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Decathlon has lots of decent gear for nearly every sport. I used to work in Belgium and bought a lot of stuff from there. Some of it is very cheap too, I got a bike tool kit for 20 euro there a few years ago that was at least twice the price in any shop here at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 15,838 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

got a pair of bib shorts there a couple of months ago for all of €25. have to say they are great. only thing from my point of view is they are the first proper pair of cycling shorts i have ever bought so hard to compare them against anything else that is out there.

got loads of other stuff and it is all great

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭rp

A friend bought a MTB-shaped object from Decathlon, and it was a very heavy lump, with not particularly good equipment. Also, the back wheel cam detached in a week, so the in-shop assembly was not the best (the shop was in Thionville), but, like Halfords, you can probably be lucky or unlucky with that.

As for the gear tho, I swear by the "Rockrider" clothing brand they sell, very good value, technically good and hard wearing.

• Administrators Posts: 53,393 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I have a pair of their bibs. Padding not as good as my other pair (Endura) but given the low cost that's to be expected.

Also have a jersey - does the job well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement