Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

"Official Personality Disorder Videos"

• 31-10-2008 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Here is a link with examples of a psychiatrist interviewing actors portraying the typified manifestation of each respective Personality Disorder. Its designed for trainee psychiatrists to recognise these P.D.`s in patients. Bear in mind these are stereotypical, or classical, manifestations.

Produced by Dr. Donald Fidler at WVU

http://www.hsc.wvu.edu/aap/Video/video_page.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

This is great, thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

eth0_ wrote: »
    This is great, thanks!

Now worries. Are you a Psychology student?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Any idea how old these videos are?

And are they really that helpful? For example, I've been diagnosed with Borderline PD, and I act nothing like the guy in the video. Also, in the videos above, the emotions are portrayed by mimes ... Need I say more!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Shinji Ikari

Aard wrote: »
    Any idea how old these videos are?

And are they really that helpful? For example, I've been diagnosed with Borderline PD, and I act nothing like the guy in the video. Also, in the videos above, the emotions are portrayed by mimes ... Need I say more!?

Well no Borderline, Narcissist, Schizoid or Avoidant are alike. I mean I don't come off as the Avoidant girl either. In many ways I can be quite confident and even a little arrogant on some things. These videos were made in the early eighties probably. They were intended as a guide for trainee Psychiatrists to recognise P.D.'s in patients.Thats why actors are used.So they were not designed with the intent of helping people such as ourselves. However they I think its good that the psychological literacy of the general public is improved. It seems most people think Schizophernia is Discociative Disorder (Split personalitys).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I agree with the Schizophrenia thing. And then it's complicated further by words such as 'schizoid' and 'schizotypal'. And to top it all off, Dissociative Identity Disorder used to be called Multiple Personality Disorder.

No wonder people are confused!

• Advertisement
Advertisement