Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ipods / Irivers

• 09-11-2004 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Techless

Read in last weeks Business & Finance that these are going to be the hot presents for Christmas. It says that you can buy Irivers for less than € 100, which seems to be a lot cheaper than Ipods.
    Can anyone advise where these may be available.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Any iriver for less than €100 is going to be a flash player not a hard drive based player
    and is going to be 128mbs more than likely. Ipod is >10 gigs.
    Not a fair comparison (if you were comparing them that is)
    Iriver ihp120 is about 300euro ipod 20 gig is 350 as far as i remember (open to correction)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Where is the best place to buy the ipods ? Thinking of getting this for december.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭the corpo

if possible you only want to buy an ipod from the US and get someone to post it over.
    the cost discrepancy between europe and the US is *shocking*

the 40gb is €309 from Apple US, and €549 from Apple Ireland.

even if you end up paying duty, and the most expensive postage it'll still be hugely cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Yep, make sure you get your iPod/River from America.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭tuco

One thing about buying from the states - over there the warranties are typically 3 months, that's all they're obliged to give. If you buy over here you'll get 12. Generally worth the risk imo, but it can be a nasty surprise if you don't realise in advance...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭the corpo

apple and hp provide the warranties though, and i think they're fine globally.
    i registered my ipod online with hp and its fully covered

tuco wrote:
    One thing about buying from the states - over there the warranties are typically 3 months, that's all they're obliged to give. If you buy over here you'll get 12. Generally worth the risk imo, but it can be a nasty surprise if you don't realise in advance...

VERY dangerous, dropped my zen :o about 2 weeks outside of that 3 month warranty, cost 2/3 the buying price to get it fixed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

the corpo wrote:
    if possible you only want to buy an ipod from the US and get someone to post it over.
    the cost discrepancy between europe and the US is *shocking*

the 40gb is €309 from Apple US, and €549 from Apple Ireland.

even if you end up paying duty, and the most expensive postage it'll still be hugely cheaper.

40GB ipod's took a drop here recently - about 400 now. Not ideal, but better!

NoelRock wrote:
    40GB ipod's took a drop here recently - about 400 now. Not ideal, but better!

Really tempting fate there! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

do yourself a favour and dont get an ipod,i have a creative muvo 4gb dat is now 250 euros in da shops and its absolutley tiny with a brilliant battery,i get 12-14 hours from 1 charge,creative also have the ZEN TOUCH which is 20gb for 279 euros which looks alot better than an ipod and beats it on price by miles(that will be kilometres if the government have anything to do with it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

the Touch is only 20gb i think?

Advertisement