Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

[Request] Camcorder

Options
  • 08-11-2004 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

I’m looking to get a Camcorder for my girlfriend for Christmas; nothing fancy it will just be used for basic stuff party’s, Christmas etc. I don’t really know what to be looking for in a camera. I really just need. A 2 yr warranty, the ability to put the footage on to a VHS tape and on to a PC so I and encode and burn on to a Dvd/Svcd.

I was looking at this one

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/45815/art/panasonic/camcorder-nv-gs11.html?itag=13#fichetechnique

Any ideas ,suggestions needs to be as cheap as possible

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

Well i got one of the JVC camcorders same as the ones they are / were doing in dunnes and a few other places around for about 400 euro, and i find it absolutly superb .. its a little more pricy than the one you were looking at but yer getting it from an irish shop and once you add delivery etc .... its actually listed on that site too, at 300 stg

Link Here

Features ...

Snap shot,

USB

Color nightshot (can be used with an external infra red array to get more level)

Built in camera light

Manual control exposure / focus etc..

Diff camera modes e.g. widescreen

DV / Svid / composite out

Remote

Can be used as a webcam (I use a mac and ichat / yahoo, so use the firewire works great will also work over usb)

Nice cam for the price and decent picture quality..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭popey21

That’s good to know that you can vouch for that camera. But your camera is 300 EURO not Sterling on the website.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/41361/art/jvc/camcorder-minidv-gr-d23.html?itag=17

That’s why I never buy anything any longer from rip of Ireland. You could of saved €80 or so shopping on the net. I think I will go for that camera thanks. Can I just ask how does copying your footage from the camera to a pc work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

sorry my bad, my camera is the d53 not d23, which is 278 stg on the site, ... and i did get it for 300 eur, in the states, inc bags/tapes etc... :P

laters

Steve

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I got the Canon MV750i for 400 Euro in Dubai so if you know of anyone going over I would recommend one, even if you can get it here they are a great camera

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭steamboat

That's a great price for the 750i. I ordered the Canon MV700 from www.hificomponents.de a few months back - they were giving the best price I could find at the time, and to top things off they sent me the MV700i by mistake! Cost 414 EUR including delivery. They might be worth a look, only trouble is they don't take Credit Cards - I had to go to the bank to lodge the money directly. I can't knock pixmania though - some great deals there. You'll generally find that camcorders with AV-In are a lot more expensive (I heard that this is because they're classed as a type of VCR and so are subject to some sort of export tax or something??). If you can do without this you can save a packet (but it's handy for recording of the TV!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement