Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox 360 4GB Arcade System - €140 delivered [Sendit]

• 07-05-2011 7:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭

Good value.. even with Sendit's shipping charge.

10226556-1280763460-506000.jpg
    Buy it @ Sendit.com
    Description

The new Xbox 360® 4GB Console. Here today, ready for tomorrow with a brand new, leaner machine. Wi-Fi is built in for easier connection to the world of entertainment on Xbox LIVE, where HD movies and TV stream in an instant. It’s ready for the controller-free experiences of Kinect—you don’t just play the game, you are the game. Xbox 360 is more games, entertainment, and fun.

Console Features:

Built-in Wi-Fi: The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built-in for a faster and easier connection to Xbox LIVE. Stream HD movies and TV or download games from Xbox LIVE in 1080p and 5.1 surround sound from anywhere in the house.* Compatible with b/g/n networks.
    Xbox LIVE: Xbox LIVE brings a world of entertainment to you. Instantly stream movies and TV from Netflix in crystal clear HD, or download game add-ons like new levels, characters, maps, and songs. Easily jump right into online multiplayer fun and play along with friends around the world. Plus, get your favorite music from Last.fm, connect with friends on Facebook® and post tweets on Twitter. Xbox LIVE is your connection to more games, entertainment, and fun.*
    Kinect ready: Kinect brings games and entertainment to life in extraordinary new ways—no controller required. Easy to use and instantly fun, Kinect gets everyone off the couch moving, laughing, and cheering. See a ball? Kick it. Want to join a friend in the fun? Simply jump in. Even control an HD movie with a wave of your hand. Featuring a dedicated, specialized port, the Xbox 360 4GB is built to connect seamlessly with the Kinect Sensor.
    Xbox 360 wireless controller (black): This award-winning high performance wireless controller features a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries.
    More ports: Connect more accessories and storage solutions with added USB ports. Now with a total of five (three back/two front), you’ll find more places to plug and play. Plus, in addition to the standard Ethernet port and HDMI output, we’ve added an integrated optical audio out port for an easier connection to the booming sound of your A/V receiver

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

How much does it cost to rent movies on this? can we get them all in Ireland? Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 669 ✭✭✭tallaghtfornia

Hi Basq - says they do not deliver electronics out side of the UK? Is this correct ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

while its a great price for a 360, you'd regret not buying it with a 250gb HDD if you do even moderate gaming. ive a 120gb version and its full. the 250gb version is only around €30 and worth the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hi Basq - says they do not deliver electronics out side of the UK? Is this correct ?
    I went as far as Paypal checkout and seemed to be fine..

.. I ordered an NC10 from them a couple of years back no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Rael

Basq wrote: »
    Good value.. even with Sendit's shipping charge.

10226556-1280763460-506000.jpg
    Buy it @ Sendit.com

Sendit are based in the Chanel islands which is a Crown Protectorate and not part of the EU. With the current economic climate you may get caught for VAT and Import Duty by the Couriers and Revenue Commissioners

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,028 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Rael wrote: »
    Sendit are based in the Chanel islands which is a Crown Protectorate and not part of the EU. With the current economic climate you may get caught for VAT and Import Duty by the Couriers and Revenue Commissioners
    True.. it'll still work out cheaper than buying it here though.

Most retailers seem to be selling it for €199.

Although when I bought my NC10 off them, it was shipped from a company in the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    while its a great price for a 360, you'd regret not buying it with a 250gb HDD if you do even moderate gaming. ive a 120gb version and its full. the 250gb version is only around €30 and worth the price.

Just wondering what you fill it with? I have a 250gb and was shocked to find out after I bought it that I can't store music or movies from my laptop on it. Do you have a workaround?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 IndieComa

I never filled mine, especially with external usb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

you can stick your own hdd in one of these right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

Skerries wrote: »
    you can stick your own hdd in one of these right?

I put the hdd from my old xbox into it and it worked fine.
    Not sure about sticking any old hard drive in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

How much does it cost to rent movies on this? can we get them all in Ireland? Thanks

The movie service on it is pretty crap to be truthful with the selection of films being extremely bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

asharkman wrote: »
    I put the hdd from my old xbox into it and it worked fine.
    Not sure about sticking any old hard drive in it.

How did you manage to use your old xbox drive? Was your old xbox a slim model too or did you have to do some modifications?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

good price for a 4gb, but I'd still be more inclined to get a 250gb as with a 4gb you'll need to buy some sort of additional memory anyway

eg. amazon are doing the 250gb with 1 game/12 months xbl for €215 delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

kendragon wrote: »
    How did you manage to use your old xbox drive? Was your old xbox a slim model too or did you have to do some modifications?

You can use the old xbox hard drives, there's tutorials on YouTube about it, it's handy enough to do

Advertisement