Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oregon Scientific MP100 MP3 Player €119 !

Options
  • 11-11-2004 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭

Oregon Scientific MP100 MP3 Player with LCD... €119 in the Gadget Shop in the square, is that a good price ?

mp100.jpg

Weight: 28 grams
    Size: 40x28x17mm (LWD)
    Skip free music.
    128Mb internal memory.
    Stores up to 4 hours WMA digital music.
    Stores up to 2 hours of MP3.
    Up to 10 hours continual playback between charges.
    Brilliant blue Hi-Glo™ backlight.
    5 preset equalizer modes.
    Displays artist, album and track titles.
    USB 2.0 for high speed file transfer.
    Can be used as USB flash drive.
    Rechargeable Lithium battery.
    Includes neck cord, stereo headphones, pouch, USB cable & software.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Can be had off Ebay (or similar with radio voice recorder etc) for A LOT LESS (incl postage).

My sis got her bf one (256MB) last year for €85 (incl postage)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

tribble wrote:
    Can be had off Ebay (or similar with radio voice recorder etc) for A LOT LESS (incl postage).

My sis got her bf one (256MB) last year for €85 (incl postage)

wow that was good, I do alot of buying on eBay but I wanna pick up an mp3 player before i head to the states on wednesday...

I've never had an mp3 player before and was thinking of getting one, just say i wanted to put 50 to 100 songs on the mp3 player what size memory would i need? :o

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Depends on the quality level of the mp3, but on average a song is about 4 mb. Longer the song, bigger the file. Better the quality, bigger the file. So in a 128 mb player you'd get about 30 odd songs. Bought a 256mb one from ebay pretty cheap. Bout 70 I think. Mp3, radio, voice record etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Yeah - if you allow a 1MB a minute you'll get decent (128kbit) MP3 and excellent WMA or OGG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Bought an MP3 player (256MB with radio) on eBay last week for 50 YoYos including postage - had it within the week - have a look here

That seller has loads of them - I had to try about 6 auctions from this seller before I got it for the price I wanted, but that only took an extra day - it's worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭dublin_apache

Good news I might be getting an ipod (10GB) as a swap for my 6600... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

deadl0ck wrote:
    Bought an MP3 player (256MB with radio) on eBay last week for 50 YoYos including postage - had it within the week - have a look here
    Nice at the price. Does it support ID3 tags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭MikeHunt

That's not cheap at all for what you're getting.

On BlankDiscShop (svp.co.uk) they're selling a 256MB Sumvision MP3/WMA player with Voice recorder, Blue back light, ID3 display, LCD display etc. for €69.10 ...even the design looks better! So for an extra 128mb for less money you can't go wrong. It's USB 1 as opposed to 2, but for 256MB you hardly need the high-speed tranfer that much.

BlankDiscShop is very reputable and has loads more stuff to make your order worth while - shipping will be about €15 regardless of how much you're getting.

Advertisement