Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harringtons Dog Food - Anyone Used it?

Options
  • 07-12-2019 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Like a lot of other users on here from posts I remember reading years back, I used to get Skinners dog food from Amazon and it was costing about 25 euro for a 15kg bag. It seems to have gone up in price though and a bag is costing me nearer 30-35 euro now.

I was recently in the North and I've seen shops like Asda and B&M selling a slightly more upmarket brand than I've seen them previously carry called Harringtons...

https://www.harringtonspetfood.com/collections/harringtons-grain-free-dry-dog/products/grain-free-rich-in-chicken-with-sweet-potato-veg-dry-dog-food

Its £25 for a 15kg bag. The ingredients are:

Chicken Meal (27%)
    Potato Flakes
    Potato Starch
    Peas (14%)
    Sweet Potato (10%)
    Poultry Fat
    Beet Pulp
    Linseed
    Poultry Gravy
    Minerals
    Citrus Extract (0.015%)
    Cranberry Extract (0.015%)
    Spirulina (0.015%)
    Sage (0.015%)
    Oregano (0.015%)
    Parsley (0.015%)

Has anyone used it?

I know my neighbours moved from James Wellbeloved onto it for their two boxers and are raving about it. I've four Labradors so get through quite a lot of food. I do supplement with raw from my local butcher also.

Generally about 2 15kg bags a month do me. My other option is 70 euro for two bags a month of Gain Elite that a rep has offered.

The ingredients of Skinners are:
    Brown rice
    Chicken meat meal
    Oats
    Peas
    Whole linseed
    Beet pulp
    Sunflower oil
    Vitamins
    Minerals and trace elements
    Culinary herb mix

And Gain Elite is available here:
    https://www.glanbiaconnect.com/shop/product/GAIN-Bigdogs-Adult-Dog-Food/9059629

Comments

Advertisement