Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to fit a microwave in this kitchen?

• 07-11-2019 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hey guys, finally the time has come and I'm going to move in soon. So, I'm searching for the kitchen appliances and I end up asking myself, where I'm going to fit a microwave in this kitchen?

Any suggestion?

Can I fit a single oven and a microwavetogether in the oven area?

Oven area size: 88.90 x 56.51 x 57.15cm (H x W x D)

Thanks!! :D

Whats-App-Image-2019-11-07-at-21-04-11.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭hurikane

I presume it was designed with the microwave in mind? Looks like you'd fit a microwave and oven in to the left of the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,047 ✭✭✭appledrop

It looks like your space was designed for double oven. We have this and top one is a microwave/oven+ bottom one is oven/grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭albernazj93

I don't think it was designed to have microwaves.

This is another house's type but same kitchen

SW-5bed-2-1500x1001.jpg

It is. See that picture has2 ovens if you want to call them that. That's what we have but one of them is actually a mictowave/steamer/oven.

That's technology for you!

Look up whirlpool 6th sense oven + you will understand

appledrop wrote: »
    It is. See that picture has2 ovens if you want to call them that. That's what we have but one of them is actually a mictowave/steamer/oven.

That's technology for you!

Look up whirlpool 6th sense oven + you will understand

Oh that's cool! I'll look for that. Does the microwave function works like a proper microwave?

• Advertisement

Yep it's one of my favourite things in house. I despise the look of microwaves + hate them on counter tops.

Yea it's even better than normal microwave. It works as normal but you can also use it as a convention oven + grill + steamer setting etc aswell. Then you have a second normal oven aswell underneath

Trust me you will never go back + worth ever penny even though expensive.

Yep it's one of my favourite things in house. I despise the look of microwaves + hate them on counter tops.

Yea it's even better than normal microwave. It works as normal but you can also use it as a convention oven + grill + steamer setting etc aswell. Then you have a second normal oven aswell underneath

Trust me you will never go back + worth ever penny even though expensive.

Cool! Good to hear your feedback!

I will go for it then! :D

Thanks!!!

Go into shops + have a good browse.

I'm sure other brands also have combi/oven + microwave+ you want to make sure dimensions fit into the space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,767 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You must have a microwave designed to go into a fitted area. If you put an ordinary microwave into an enclosed space the motor will fail in no time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭irishgoldberg

I don't think it was designed to have microwaves.

This is another house's type but same kitchen

SW-5bed-2-1500x1001.jpg

That is a 90cm double oven in that pic. A single oven is roughly 60cm high and a combi oven is 40cm.
    Maybe 2 combi units would work for you but bear in mind the oven capacity would be small when cooking big meals such as Christmas dinner

• Advertisement

Go into shops + have a good browse.

I'm sure other brands also have combi/oven + microwave+ you want to make sure dimensions fit into the space.

I'm browing a lot but it's hard to find it. Could you send a link to the one you have?

looksee wrote: »
    You must have a microwave designed to go into a fitted area. If you put an ordinary microwave into an enclosed space the motor will fail in no time.
    That is a 90cm double oven in that pic. A single oven is roughly 60cm high and a combi oven is 40cm.
    Maybe 2 combi units would work for you but bear in mind the oven capacity would be small when cooking big meals such as Christmas dinner

Yep, I'm still looking for one. Trying to find a double oven that has microwave or a single oven and a microwave that both would fit together in there.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

We had a similar issue. Ended up taking out the top of the 2 drawers below the over space, installed 2 x ovens, one was a combo oven, grill and microwave and the other a good size single oven, then at the bottom put in a warming drawer.

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    We had a similar issue. Ended up taking out the top of the 2 drawers below the over space, installed 2 x ovens, one was a combo oven, grill and microwave and the other a good size single oven, then at the bottom put in a warming drawer.

I might have to do something similar. Every combo oven, grill and microwave I find are single and not double. That means I would need to buy one combo and another single oven, but both of them would not fit in there. :o

Sorry mine is over 10 years old so probably dont even have exact model anymore.

If I manage to find manual with model number I'll post it up.

I think ours might be a combi + then separate single oven underneath as we have a good bit of space

Did you ask the builders about one in show house to see what types of ovens they were?

Sorry I havent got back. I still havent moved in, should move next week :)

I've been searching and I found a few types of combi
    However, the space I have is 89cm for a double oven. A combi + single oven would be 105cm.

I thought on removing the shelf below that space. The height of that shelf is 26cm.

So in total I would have 115cm available. Considering the 105cm needed, I'd still have a gap of 10cm :(

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

Sorry I havent got back. I still havent moved in, should move next week :)

I've been searching and I found a few types of combi
    However, the space I have is 89cm for a double oven. A combi + single oven would be 105cm.

I thought on removing the shelf below that space. The height of that shelf is 26cm.

So in total I would have 115cm available. Considering the 105cm needed, I'd still have a gap of 10cm :(

How did you get on?
    Ikea does a smaller steam oven of just 45cm hight. You can combine it with the h 45 or 40cm microwave whichever fits best.

kisugem wrote: »
    How did you get on?
    Ikea does a smaller steam oven of just 45cm hight. You can combine it with the h 45 or 40cm microwave whichever fits best.

Hey!

I've got all the furnitures for the kitchen, except the oven yet :o

I'll check the IKEA ones. Thanks a lot for the recommendation.

Advertisement