Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volunteering at St.John's Ambulance/Irish Red Cross/Order of Malta as a minor

Options
  • 27-02-2017 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭

Does anyone have any information on the skills and experience you need to have to volunteer at any of these organisations? Or if you can just volunteer without prior experience/skills which they can teach.
    I'm 16 if that helps.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭sjb25

jeonahr wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information on the skills and experience you need to have to volunteer at any of these organisations? Or if you can just volunteer without prior experience/skills which they can teach.
    I'm 16 if that helps.

You can join with no experience I did when I was your age did my first ever first aid course when I was 16 with the Redcross I'd never done anything like it did loads of courses with them I'm now a paramedic with the national ambulance service
    Have a look over here or ask for local orgs
    http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1385

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭leheaven

I joined when I was 14, we had a class every week teaching us the skills we needed, we also took part in competitions against other groups training and it was great craic. Great way to boost confidence and it was always handy when I'd get babysitting jobs etc because you can show your certified in first aid training.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭infogiver

Order of Malta is a fantastic organisation. Just rock up to your local branch and ask about becoming a cadet.
    There's a great club atmosphere while learning an extremely important skill set.

Advertisement