Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

Official account tweeting not to go to bed yet..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Doukara signs permanent 3 year deal ? .. is that it I wonder ,, frees up another loanee spot

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Surprised we haven't manage to offload anyone yet.

Zaph wrote: »
    Surprised we haven't manage to offload anyone yet.

Poleon to Oldham isn't gonna free up too much ... does the loan window close tonight or run for longer ? Maybe we can move some overheads this way ..

Edit ... Pavoletti says no to Leeds

Matt Smith to Fulham 500k

Poleon undisclosed fee to Oldham confirmed

Everyone seems to think something is brewing.....

• Advertisement

Disappointed that Smith is going. Beckford move to Fulham has collapsed, I wonder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Some dopes shouting on transfer window.

Becchio gone on loan to Rotherham. How the mighty have fallen.

Poleon gone to Oldham as well, sad that it didn't work out for him at Leeds. Think he could go on and get plenty of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

JokerD wrote: »
    Disappointed that Smith is going.

I have to say I'm delighted from the point of view that the policy of hoofball has obviously just been abandoned.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I liked Matt Smith, he did well last season but he wasn't progressing as a player. He misses far too many headed chances for a player that is obvious being deployed to score those type of chances. I still think he was a decent option to have on the bench if we are losing a game but I'm not overly disappointed that he has left. Not sure why we gave him a new contract though if he was going to be sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Retweeted by Dara Ó Briain on Twitter

@John_Ashdown: How Not To Do Social Media By Leeds United 1) https://t.co/n6TpRdrFOf 2) Sell two strikers. 3) https://t.co/SU7htSBKeU”

Muppets - the replies are quite funny tho! :D

That was quick from Watford.

They must have just said "any thing you want".

Aer Lingus are starting flights over to Leeds from October onwards.

Looking to get over for either the Wolves game end of Oct or Fulham in Dec - Nov is a wipeout for me

Aer Lingus are starting flights over to Leeds from October onwards.

Prepare for a price war (fingers crossed)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

A bit bitter-sweet seeing Delph come on for Engerland this evening... also with Milner on the pitch. What could have been.

Also seen on twitterbox that Leeds aren't entitled to any further payments on Delph getting a cap as the settled the rights of the contract with Villa when in cash trouble.

According to the BBC, Redfearn is a real contender for the head coach job. Cellino says he's confused by all the calls he's had from people interested in the job and that it might be best to appoint someone who already knows the club. As was previously mentioned, if Redfearn got the job the club would lose an excellent coach for good when he inevitably gets the sack in the future. I'd rather he stayed at the academy than take the top job.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm not sure of Redfearn actually wants the job, most accounts I've heard is that he is happier looking after the academy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Redfearn would be mad to take the job. The next coach will be lucky to see in the new year at the club, let alone the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Carlos Queiroz in the mix.

Re: Redfearn, he's doing a brilliant job with the youths and seems to love the role. As they say, the kids are our future so upsetting the apple cart might not be ideal but he seems highly rated as a coach so it has it's positives.

Edit; Queiroz story seems like a non-runner

Carlos Queiroz in the mix.

Re: Redfearn, he's doing a brilliant job with the youths and seems to love the role. As they say, the kids are our future so upsetting the apple cart might not be ideal but he seems highly rated as a coach so it has it's positives.

Edit; Queiroz story seems like a non-runner

Ian Culverhouse in the frame now, ex villa assistant manager.

Hmmm, Ian Culverhouse who was sacked by Villa for disciplinary issues last May, not sure about this one...

Phil Hay suggesting that Chris Hughton has thrown his hat in the ring .. along with Tony Mowbray & Paul Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Phil Hay suggesting that Chris Hughton has thrown his hat in the ring .. along with Tony Mowbray & Paul Hart

Heard the very same from another reliable source............

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

Heard the very same from another reliable source............

I wouldn't mind heuton

Hughton or Clarke would be superb appointments. I'm impressed at the list of candidates tbf, maybe Cellino will prove to be a pussycat if he makes the right appointment! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭trudub83

Guys,

Flights to Leeds/Bradford airport in Jan and Feb are 9.99 each way. I've booked 2 flights (in Jan and Feb) to go over see Bournemouth and Watford.

The game against Watford will be extra special - It will be just myself and my 8 year old son going over for the weekend to give him his 1st taste of Elland Road.

Any ideas of what I can do to make it extra special? Does anyone know if I can contact Leeds about possible mascot or players lounge or what not?

I am a Leeds gold member if that helps.

Thanks folks.

Oh and Robbie can go and shag off - in saying that, we're probably still paying his wages ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just picked up flights for Bournemouth - €39.96 for the two of us, cheers for the heads up!

This sort of makes sense. Last I heard, Robbie was doing a line with a girl from Leeds.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Steve Bruce's face in the pic from that link sums up my feelings!

Steve Bruce's brother perhaps ;)

A mate just texted me to tell me that Newstalk are reporting that Fowler has got the job, but I can't see anything anywhere else. Anyone hear anything definite?

Adam Pope reports that Fowler hasn't even submitted a formal application :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

According to Ema, Redfearn is to be given the next 3 games to prove himself.

I do hope Redfearn stays at Leeds but with the youth setup but if he is being given 3 games then that would suggest he is being seriously considered for the permanent job. The problem will be after two months and if he is not doing well and gets pushed on we then lose him in the youth setup where he has been invaluable recently.

In other manager news more throwing their hats in the ring.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9463284/Former-Leeds-striker-Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-targets-manager-job

I do hope Redfearn stays at Leeds but with the youth setup but if he is being given 3 games then that would suggest he is being seriously considered for the permanent job. The problem will be after two months and if he is not doing well and gets pushed on we then lose him in the youth setup where he has been invaluable recently.

In other manager news more throwing their hats in the ring.

http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9463284/Former-Leeds-striker-Jimmy-Floyd-Hasselbaink-targets-manager-job

Why could he not just go back to the youth set up? Maybe I'm missing something but if his stint at senior level doesn't work out why does everyone assume he has to leave the club altogether?

If it took the Seniors full time, a new Academy boss would be appointed. You couldn't then go to this guy and say he needs to stand down to let Redders back in

championc wrote: »
    If it took the Seniors full time, a new Academy boss would be appointed. You couldn't then go to this guy and say he needs to stand down to let Redders back in

Surely its just a case of reshuffling, redfearn gets a good stint at senior level, and his number two gets a shot at being number one. If its done in house you could pull it off, outside appointments would make it tricky.

• Advertisement

Why is Shaun Harvey clogging up my Twitter feed

Hijpo wrote: »
    Why could he not just go back to the youth set up? Maybe I'm missing something but if his stint at senior level doesn't work out why does everyone assume he has to leave the club altogether?

Inevitably the relationship between MC and Redders will go sour if his stint as head coach doesn't go well - the attrition rate with MC is quite high as we have seen previously. MC will point to the players bought and it will come down to the training / tactics by the coach for poor performances. I am just basing this on his past, it may well be different. I was surprised he didn't rip the Hock more and shouldered some of the blame for putting someone with no experience into the role. At the end of the day you are always going to get a reaction from the players come in to the job in either a caretaker role or full time charge, the next few games will tell if it can be sustained and improved.

This is why if (and I do say if) it wasn't to go well for Redders in charge full time it would be very hard to stay with the club in any role. Add that to point above that a new academy boss will be in place with his own ideas etc...

SarahBM wrote: »
    Why is Shaun Harvey clogging up my Twitter feed

He's part of the committee awaiting the Italian trial verdict that will decide if Massimo Cellino is allowed to stay on as owner of Leeds. He has history with the club so probably shouldn't be allowed rule on such things. He's also been commenting today on the delay in getting a ruling from Italy and commented on the possibilities should MC be not allowed run Leeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

chughes wrote: »
    Last I heard, Robbie was doing a line.....

Never proven :D

oldyouth wrote: »
    Never proven :D

rh0ethg.png
    Proof........

Hijpo wrote: »
    Surely its just a case of reshuffling, redfearn gets a good stint at senior level, and his number two gets a shot at being number one. If its done in house you could pull it off, outside appointments would make it tricky.

I think the coaching side must be starting to look a bit thread bare. Prior to Gibbs' sacking, Bromby and Naylor were both let go, with the departure of Carbone in there too. So at this stage, I've no idea as to who is running the U-18's, the U-21's ......

Liking the line up today, especially Cook and Mowatt getting the start and a strong bench, lets see what they have been working on for the last two weeks.

Liking the line up today, especially Cook and Mowatt getting the start and a strong bench, lets see what they have been working on for the last two weeks.

Luke Murphy back from suspension but not even on the bench. Might be the kick up the ass he needs!

One down terrible defending. Big hold up now trying to fix the goal post.

SarahBM wrote: »
    One down terrible defending. Big hold up now trying to fix the goal post.

If we could only pass as well in the final 3rd as we do in our half we would create a few chances.

I do think theres a goal or two in it for us if he tweaks it right. There doesn't seem to be much of a show up front. I don't know if sloth is dropping deep or what but there has been acres on the edge of the D and no one is running into the space.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement