Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

SHARPE 1 - 0

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Gooooooooaaaaaallllll!!!!!!!! Sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭JokerD

YESSSSS!!!!!!

5 minutes added time :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

have a newborn son named Billy ....its a sign !! we're going up

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭tfer

It must be over, the suspense is killing me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

It is indeed, you can breathe a sigh of relief!

Brutal match all in all, nice tap-in put on a plate for Sharpe after their keeper made a mess of a shot from outside the box. 3 points all that matters :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Liam Cooper looks the real deal lads .. onwards and upwards hopefully, just got the impression Byram head has been turned ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Only caught a chunk of the 1st half. Thought Bianchi looked decent. Anyone else stand out?

I was impressed by the amount of work that Sharp put in and Warnock made some great blocks in the box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,476 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Only saw the second half. Warnock looked impressive, Sharpe took his chance well, much more alert which is always good.

Least got 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Well, we're out of the bottom 3 for the first time this season. That's something, I suppose :)

Reputable sources are saying that Adyran is coming to Leeds for a medical and we're willing to pay the £5m for him.

Also Antenucci could be close

JokerD wrote: »
    Reputable sources are saying that Adyran is coming to Leeds for a medical and we're willing to pay the £5m for him.

£5m??? :eek:

Just had a look and the last time we paid anything like that sort of money for a player seems to have been the 2001/02 season for Seth Johnson and Robbie Fowler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

JokerD wrote: »

Gazzetto de la Sport is usually reputable

"Meanwhile, tomorrow could be the go-ahead to Adryan - Saturday not summoned by Zeman in Spain - in Leeds (to determine the formula of the transfer)."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Find that very hard to believe tbh.

Anyway, I thought part of the mccormack, money was going towards buying ER back...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

quarryman wrote: »
    Find that very hard to believe tbh.

Anyway, I thought part of the mccormack, money was going towards buying ER back...

Correct, but at around the same time, MC confirmed that we were debt free and had about 20m to spend on transfers.

http://www.squawka.com/news/massimo-cellino-confirms-leeds-united-are-debt-free/139526

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Adryan sounds like a very exciting signing if it were to go ahead. At this stage you'd have to be wary of it happening but it is interesting that MC is still looking to add possibly as many as 5 or 6 more players before the close of the window. Presumably some more will leave as well - it's going to be a very different squad from September 1 from the one that finished last season!
    BTW can we all please get the name right ... it's Sharp (please don't keep reminding us of that other "player" we used to have)!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    ... Presumably some more will leave as well ...

Paddy Kenny contract cancelled by mutual consent. Norris and Hunt to follow his lead please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Matt Smith signed for another 3 years.

On Adryan - not in Leeds as previously suggested - his agent confirmed talks are occuring and said "“If we are talking [to Leeds] it’s clear that he would like to play there!”"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,906 ✭✭✭SarahBM

€62 for LUTV - that's a bit much

1-0 Brighton after 5 minutes. :(

I cancelled LUTV a couple of years ago when it was less than that. I'm certainly not subscribing when it's that expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Zaph wrote: »
    1-0 Brighton after 5 minutes. :(

I cancelled LUTV a couple of years ago when it was less than that. I'm certainly not subscribing when it's that expensive.

2 now, my god the second goal was one a poor side in league 2 would concede.

Right forget the optimism, I'm putting on the seatbelt, this is gonna be a rough ride

• Advertisement

Screw the seatbelt, I'm getting myself a new suit for the rest of the season

hqdefault.jpg

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

I think the club is heading in the right direction under Cellino But in fairness Hockaday isn't a manager he is a coach at best and his tactics were wrong again just like Millwall! 1-0 down tonight and he substituted both of the strikers!
    It would be nice to have Tony Pullis or Malkay Mckay managing this team.

Well Mackay is the favourite for the Palace gig, but I think Pulis could definitely do a job at ER. I really think Hockaday is out of his depth at this level. I just hope that we're not too far behind everyone else before Cellino realises that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Can you believe Paddy Kenny was dropped because of his birthdate. Cellinio considers May 17th unlucky.
    Guy's, weez in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭championc

Can you believe Paddy Kenny was dropped because of his birthdate. Cellinio considers May 17th unlucky.
    Guy's, weez in trouble.

I can't believe you actually believe this is the reason.

It's very clear that the future is being built right now, with all these 20 somethings coming in. It's very difficult to judge The Hock right now. Judgement must be on the basis that the players are Under Performing. If they are playing to their ability, then it means that the players aren't good enough. I personally felt that Simon Grayson had his squad over achieving so I still feel that his sacking was a touch harsh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

This team will come good. Whether its under Hockaday or not remains to be seen.
    No matter how many players we bring in its going to take time. I would guess that for once we will be a better team after Christmas.

championc wrote: »
    It's very difficult to judge The Hock right now.

I'll have a go.

An awful manager in the Conference, whose team repeatedly flirted with relegation (and even finished in the relegation zone once and were saved by another team being demoted for financial problems), who somehow, incredibly got the Leeds job, one presumes by a combination of being really really cheap and promising the owner that he would have no backbone to say no to any decisions.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Hock is an absolute disaster. It took him until half time to change our tactics last night even though we were being ripped to shreds. He also took off BOTH strikers last night when we were losing the game. We have been awful in all three games so far, people forget how poor we were against M'boro because we somehow managed to win the game.

The sooner this guy is gone the better, he's way out of his depth.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The Hock is an absolute disaster. It took him until half time to change our tactics last night even though we were being ripped to shreds. He also took off BOTH strikers last night when we were losing the game. We have been awful in all three games so far, people forget how poor we were against M'boro because we somehow managed to win the game.

The sooner this guy is gone the better, he's way out of his depth.

+1

I'm all for giving a guy a chance when he has excelled and worked his way up from lower levels.... but the Hock hasn't done that.

He is a puppet for MC but he still needs to get the tactics right when training and putting the team out along with during a game and in the few games so far he hasn't done that.

As is said above I just hope something is done about it sooner rather then later so we are not playing catchup or in a relegation fight!

The very obvious fit for Leeds right now is Tony Pulis. Let's face it, when managers have dragged us up in the past, Revie or Wikinson, they have been strong authoritarian figures with definite ideas of the game that, when needed, could play uncompromising football. I know football has changed and obviously you cannot assume that's some formula for success, but I think it's one that would be familiar to Leeds fans. Some no mark like Hockaday is only a lackey. There is no chance of Pulis coming to Leeds of course, as I suspect this owner believes that if you hire monkeys, well, one might work out, but all the ones you have to sack can get paid in peanuts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The very obvious fit for Leeds right now is Tony Pulis. Let's face it, when managers have dragged us up in the past, Revie or Wikinson, they have been strong authoritarian figures with definite ideas of the game that, when needed, could play uncompromising football. I know football has changed and obviously you cannot assume that's some formula for success, but I think it's one that would be familiar to Leeds fans. Some no mark like Hockaday is only a lackey. There is no chance of Pulis coming to Leeds of course, as I suspect this owner believes that if you hire monkeys, well, one might work out, but all the ones you have to sack can get paid in peanuts.

As you say, no chance Pulis would come to Leeds. He left Palace as he wasn't able to bring in players he wanted so the chances of him working under Cellinos way of doing things is zero. I know we need to be patient this season with all the new players but I really don't think fans will wait long before demanding a proper coach is brought in to replace Hock and his sidekick - in fact some of us were saying it the minute this pair were hired! :)

I will be giving Hockaday longer before I start calling for his head, but one thing really bothering me about him is that the style he wants up to implement is short, passing football and from what I've read of last night and Millwall and seen of the Boro game our midfield is being crushed (not getting on the ball at all) and our defenders are hoofing the ball most of the time. Seems to be a big contradiction there. It can be hard with mostly new players but I haven't even seen a commentator saying that they can see what the players are trying to do but it's not working. Watford will hammer us on Saturday - even if we manage to convince Antenucci and Adryan that we aren't as bad as we are looking!

I will be giving Hockaday longer before I start calling for his head, but one thing really bothering me about him is that the style he wants up to implement is short, passing football and from what I've read of last night and Millwall and seen of the Boro game our midfield is being crushed (not getting on the ball at all) and our defenders are hoofing the ball most of the time. Seems to be a big contradiction there. It can be hard with mostly new players but I haven't even seen a commentator saying that they can see what the players are trying to do but it's not working. Watford will hammer us on Saturday - even if we manage to convince Antenucci and Adryan that we aren't as bad as we are looking!

Cellino knows you need some form of manager at the club. He also needed someone that wouldn't have any balls to disagree with him bringing in all the Italians. Hock is perfect, cheap option to fill a void but has no right to object to any signings due to the under achieving history. It would always be thrown back at him, how could you have any confidence to negotiate on transfers knowing you have that history behind you. When Cellino has the players he wants i can see hock being let go, so either this window or january.

It could be worse, we could be Fulham. Or Blackpool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

So Antenucci has signed... fill a gap for Douk being out for a month, that is except he is another unknown Italian...

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/article/e09pxzmka1r91to7r57m6vhaj/title/united-make-striker-signing

We can't complain on the amount of players signed, lets just hope a few of them come good.

Any opinions on Neil Lennon as a replacement? He's looking for a premiership job but what are the chances of landing one?

As bad as a start we've had I think our chances of playoffs out way Fulham and Blackpool's.

Doubt Neil Lennon would consider working with Cellini.

Suspect Malky Mackay going cheap and he would be exactly the PR disaster we love at Leeds. We could get Stan Boardman back at Christmas parties and Lee Bowyer in some role too!

Lads no reputable manager is going to be given the job at Leeds purely because Cellino doesn't want a manager, he wants a coach. Do you think the likes of Lennon, Pulis or Mackay are going to take a job where they have no say over transfers? Not a chance.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Lads no reputable manager is going to be given the job at Leeds purely because Cellino doesn't want a manager, he wants a coach. Do you think the likes of Lennon, Pulis or Mackay are going to take a job where they have no say over transfers? Not a chance.

Agreed .....Truth be told I'd say there's an Italian coach somewhere at the moment taking English lessons

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Id say we will end up with a foreign coach. One who has experience of the type of system Cellino runs. If it is to be someone from the UK or Ireland then maybe Hughton or Steve Clarke. These two where considered very good coaches who tried there hand at management.
    Hughton has experience of promotion from this league too. Both need to re-establish themselves and could see Leeds as the right club for that. I guess they would command I high enough wage though. Somthing Cellino may not want to pay

Id say we will end up with a foreign coach. One who has experience of the type of system Cellino runs. If it is to be someone from the UK or Ireland then maybe Hughton or Steve Clarke. These two where considered very good coaches who tried there hand at management.
    Hughton has experience of promotion from this league too. Both need to re-establish themselves and could see Leeds as the right club for that. I guess they would command I high enough wage though. Somthing Cellino may not want to pay

Two great choices there actually in Hughton and Clarke. Both slipping away from being contenders for a Premiership or top Championship job, so in 6 months might be prepared to work in Cellino's regime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

Bellusci has signed a 4 year contract today. That was a pretty quick loan spell.

Wonder why the rush to sign him up given we had the option until the end of the season. I can only imagine it is to free up loan spots for others - I think we now have just Benedicic and Doukara on loan deals currently. Maybe Adryan is only going to join on loan (if he's coming at all).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

If Adryan is coming I would prefer a loan deal with option to buy , 5 million is stupid Money for an unproven kid , might have bags of potential but as the saying goes "could he do it on a wet Tuesday in Stoke ?!!! ". Or Rotherham ......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement