Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
19-05-2019, 22:53   #1
Unanimous
Registered User
 
Unanimous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 132
James Charles and Tati Drama

Anybody following the drama in the beauty community?
James Charles has been under fire in the beauty community over certain allegations made against him by his role model Tati.
Jeffree Star who is the Lord Voldermort of the beauty community also rebuked James Charles and confirmed these allegations.
James has now come out with a video proving his innocence but Jeffree Star promises the beauty community a tell all, to further expose James Charles and everyone is anxiously waiting for it.
Anyone following this drama and waiting for what Lord Voldermort will reveal?
Unanimous is offline  
Advertisement
19-05-2019, 22:55   #2
emmaro
Registered User
 
emmaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 74
Can't stand either Jeffree Star or James Charles, but always liked Tati.

Not really interested in all of this though.
emmaro is offline  
19-05-2019, 23:00   #3
LirW
Registered User
 
LirW's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 4,649
The influencer beauty industry wouldn't be half as interesting without that drama. It lives, breathes and sh1ts drama.
And there's enough evidence that it moves the masses on social media.

Having said that, in the real world outside of beauty your emotions get you exactly nowhere. The cold hard contract and cash speaks.
LirW is offline  
19-05-2019, 23:01   #4
kowloon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 9,527
This beauty community, is it invitation only?
kowloon is offline  
Thanks from:
19-05-2019, 23:17   #5
Canis Lupus
Registered User
 
Canis Lupus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,263
I'm not sure what's worse. Twitter or youtube 'drama'. I'd burn the lot of it down if I could.
Canis Lupus is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
19-05-2019, 23:17   #6
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 311
What in the name of **** is the beauty industry and who the **** are these people you're talking about.
Blinky Plebum is offline  
19-05-2019, 23:18   #7
Birneybau
Registered User
 
Birneybau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 8,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unanimous View Post
Anybody following the drama in the beauty community?
James Charles has been under fire in the beauty community over certain allegations made against him by his role model Tati.
Jeffree Star who is the Lord Voldermort of the beauty community also rebuked James Charles and confirmed these allegations.
James has now come out with a video proving his innocence but Jeffree Star promises the beauty community a tell all, to further expose James Charles and everyone is anxiously waiting for it.
Anyone following this drama and waiting for what Lord Voldermort will reveal?
Not in the fcuking slightest, no
Birneybau is offline  
Thanks from:
19-05-2019, 23:24   #8
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,790
I have absolutely no idea what anyone is on about.
Atoms for Peace is offline  
(2) thanks from:
19-05-2019, 23:26   #9
ILoveYourVibes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7,032
I never preferred Tati.


I never trusted her for some reason. Now i know why.
ILoveYourVibes is offline  
Advertisement
19-05-2019, 23:28   #10
Sorry about that
Registered User
 
Sorry about that's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 400
A big choreographed drama imo- no such thing as bad publicity. Total codology.
Sorry about that is offline  
19-05-2019, 23:33   #11
DareGod
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 1,209
There was never enough evidence provided to prove the claims against James Charles.

And then James Charles released an extremely concinving video defending himself (much more convincing than the claims against him.)

So I'm inclined to take James Charles' side, given the arguments provided thus far.
DareGod is offline  
19-05-2019, 23:36   #12
emmaro
Registered User
 
emmaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by DareGod View Post
There was never enough evidence provided to prove the claims against James Charles.

And then James Charles released an extremely concinving video defending himself (much more convincing than the claims against him.)

So I'm inclined to take James Charles' side, given the arguments provided thus far.
But I don't get what Tati would have to gain from lying about a much bigger youtuber? Also why James released a whole apology video to her if it was all lies?
emmaro is offline  
19-05-2019, 23:40   #13
ILoveYourVibes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaro View Post
But I don't get what Tati would have to gain from lying about a much bigger youtuber? Also why James released a whole apology video to her if it was all lies?

He released a product that competes with product she released. It was eating into her sales.

He has asked straight guys out on dates and was obv rejected ..he didn't handle that graciously but he is like 19. Now obviously that is not an ideal way to behave but its not something i would call out etc. It seemed to target a young inexperienced gay guy trying to find his feet.

She came at it from a slightly homophobic slant. She seemed disgusted by him.

I think he got upset was ashamed by her bullying. He didn't deserve what she said.

I think she is unwise though she is in an industry DOMINATED by gay men she should have been more discreet if she was so uncomfortable around Charles James etc.

Its backfiring on her now.

She WAS the bigger youtuber. Taking him down would do her channel a lot of good. And she got so much publicity because of this etc.
ILoveYourVibes is offline  
19-05-2019, 23:40   #14
tempmailtest mail
Banned
 
tempmailtest mail's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 30
neeps an tatties
tempmailtest mail is offline  
19-05-2019, 23:48   #15
StolenKrone
Registered User
 
StolenKrone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 23
Its funny how a 30 something is telling a 19 y/o to grow up. Hes a kid.
StolenKrone is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet