Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Watching lightning maps, east side in for some action alright

Yeah, Met Eireann just put up an orange warning so should be a few sparks. Hope your night is coming to an end shortly Grem

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Two hours left here, tis grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,953 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thunder and lightening here now along with heavy rain . Stay safe if you're out and about people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Torrential downpour here not so long ago.

Awake waaaaaay to early.

Been a very long time since I was hungover.

Anyone want to make me tea.

Am lol here , was letting the dog out , opened the front door , she saw the rain no budging her , she goes to the back door where its sheltered outside , she was tricked , in and out in two minutes lol:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,681 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Torrential downpour here not so long ago.

Awake waaaaaay to early.

Been a very long time since I was hungover.

Anyone want to make me tea.

original.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Bit of early morning gardening while it was cool and the midges were asleep. Bright at 5.30 so up and out. Mostly weeding and vaguely aware of a rumbling sound in the distance.
    But had to make a dash for the house when the rumbling got closer and a flash of lightning startled me directly overhead, followed immediately by thunder.

In before the heavy downpower and now the garden is soaked.

Changed beds, cleaned bathrooms and hoovered. Now relaxing with a coffee while I contemplate what to do with the rest of the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Listening to a massive thunderstorm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Thunder and Lightning here at the moment but it's starting to move across :)

Happy Saturday!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

....Can't start a fire without a spark....

Morning all

The sparks seem to be east of me, light rain 13C

Couchside with coffee and dogs :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Hairdressers, then coffee time. Happy Saturday all!

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Where does that song line come from CH???
    I thought it was from Clint Black, but that's not it...

Bruce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

What kind of beer? I was watching a documentary about Delhi today, fascinating stuff!

The local kingfisher beer.
    smurfjed wrote: »
    @Witchie.... I had two friends send me pictures of them drinking beer in Bangalore today, one was there for a day and the other doing an interview, small world.

Do they want to hang out? So fuppin bored.

Got my dress and while it is beautiful am not sure it's what I want for the wedding. Agggh. Might just order one I liked on ASOS instead.

Am in an Uber really annoyed. This country is torture for me.

The noise, the filth, the incompetence. Seriously beginning to hate India again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside with coffee rubbing my weary eyes.

Deskside with coffee rubbing my weary eyes.

You might need a cat nap Seph, to make up for some of that lost sleep ;)

I am kitchenside having coffee and a croissant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,104 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

There is lots about Bangalore that is not nice but lots to love too.
    And the food...I absolutely loved the food there. Not the posh western placed but the mucky places the locals eat.
    I have been there thrice but relatively short visits. A longer stay might grind a bit!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,776 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    You might need a cat nap Seph, to make up for some of that lost sleep ;)

I am kitchenside having coffee and a croissant.

*hands poochie her coat *

😀😀😝

*hands poochie her coat *

😀😀😝

I’m going, I’m going! 😢

😆😆😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

In the cot still, woken up by someone driving past blaring music. Oh well, alarm’s going off in a few minutes anyway so I might as well stay awake

Poochie05 wrote: »
    I’m going, I’m going! 😢

😆😆😆

Ahhh don't go poochie stay 😀

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Heading for the kitchen to put a brew of coffee on as granddaughter no. 2 is on her way and says she has cake.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Creme fraiche

Afternoon all, it’s been a while *waves*. Lazing in bed don’t want to get up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Heading for the kitchen to put a brew of coffee on as granddaughter no. 2 is on her way and says she has cake.

I hope it's chocolate :D

Marley park. You can nearly touch the water in the air. Heavy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭thomil

On my balcony with a glass of coke, enjoying the warm weather. Wouldn't mind a decent thunderstorm though, it's been ages since I've seen one.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Have a house to myself for the first time in about 6 weeks, so I'm having a wild afternoon...

... if you watching Rick Stein programmes and binge eating strawberries in my pjs as wild. Which I totally do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,274 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Took melatonin last night and slept the day away, close to 15 hours with a couple of interruptions from the mutt.

Now to bottle some homemade beer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside watching the racing after a productive morning jobbing in the garden, relaxing here now for a couple of hours before heading to the local to watch the GAA for the evening, I can taste that first pint already :D

In the Black Sheep having a pint. Think it's time for home now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

In Cardiff, met Sir Ian McKellen last night after the show, and found a photo on Twitter today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

lbc2019 wrote: »
    In Cardiff, met Sir Ian McKellen last night after the show, and found a photo on Twitter today

A photo of yourself with McKellen? Well done.

On my way in to town for a boatload of beer. Be back Monday.

Back home wishing I had headed off with himself. This alone business is great and all but damn it can get tiring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Back home wishing I had headed off with himself. This alone business is great and all but damn it can get tiring.

All your friends from the interwebz are with you.

Netflixing.

Had my boat load of beer last night, am only refloated again now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Tae on the couch. Sleep super broken again. Moto gp tomorrow..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭lbc2019

RMAOK wrote: »
    A photo of yourself with McKellen? Well done.

Adjacent to... lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Ever think of getting a pet ?

Maybe a dog would fit in ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

On the couch, cider in hand, which I had delivered. Delivery guy asks me if I'm having a party and I was too embarrassed to tell him it was for me all on my own so I told him I was having some friends over. That'd be my imaginary friends :pac:

Succubus_ wrote: »
    On the couch, cider in hand, which I had delivered. Delivery guy asks me if I'm having a party and I was too embarrassed to tell him it was for me all on my own so I told him I was having some friends over. That'd be my imaginary friends :pac:

We can be there in 20 mins! :pac:

• Advertisement

Bus trundle

There is lots about Bangalore that is not nice but lots to love too.
    And the food...I absolutely loved the food there. Not the posh western placed but the mucky places the locals eat.
    I have been there thrice but relatively short visits. A longer stay might grind a bit!

Recently discovered the Koramangala area and it's ok.

I don't know but India just somehow makes me angry all the time. I get annoyed so easily here. Tonight was ok but I know tomorrow when I go back to the dressmaker to give out about some of the stitching on my dress that I will be very stressed about not just it but the journey there, the people on the streets following me selling shire and the general noise and pollution.

Sigh.

I may be getting annoyed already and undoing the good work of a wonderful massage, nice food and a few beers.

On the food front, it's difficult for me to eat in the kinda places you talk about because of my allergies. I have found they have less understanding so I end up sticking to larger places

Vino & pizza

Witchie i get very easily irritated too. Hope you can find a way to manage..

In work, irritated :rolleyes:

I have....it's called massage and beer therapy

I also have to keep reminding myself that they are trying to be helpful and it's in their nature to serve when they are stalking me in shops, hovering as I eat or stopping their rickshaw and trying to get me in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

We went for Thai this evening and same thing witchie. We ordered, prawn crackers too (not free, have to pay.) he brought the starter and we finished it and he came to clear the table and asked if he’d take the crackers. We said no.
    Two minutes later, he arrived with our main course and he left the plates down and asked “will I take these away?” As his hand hovered over the plate of crackers. They’re not free, we’re paying for them and he was told moments earlier to leave them.

• Advertisement

Drives me bonkers. As soon as you put the last bite in your mouth they swipe the plate away.

Another thing that does my head in and it's the same in Malaysia. You order starters and a main and they come at the same time or last night, my masla papad came when I was half way through my main.

Glad i don't eat out often. The thing that always wrecked my noggin was being asked if everything was ok when i had just stuck the fork in my gob. Every. fcukin. time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On the way to Mamof4’s with a pack of ciggies and bottle of vino ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

We went for Thai this evening and same thing witchie. We ordered, prawn crackers too (not free, have to pay.) he brought the starter and we finished it and he came to clear the table and asked if he’d take the crackers. We said no.
    Two minutes later, he arrived with our main course and he left the plates down and asked “will I take these away?” As his hand hovered over the plate of crackers. They’re not free, we’re paying for them and he was told moments earlier to leave them.

I'd have put the bowl in my lap!

On the way to Mamof4’s with a pack of ciggies and bottle of vino ;) :pac:

Woohoo it's gonna get durrrtttyyy :D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement