Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The secret to living longer may be your social life - Ted talks

Options
  • 22-12-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭

Interesting ....

https://en.tiny.ted.com/talks/susan_pinker_the_secret_to_living_longer_may_be_your_social_life

The Italian island of Sardinia has more than six times as many centenarians as the mainland and ten times as many as North America. Why? According to psychologist Susan Pinker, it's not a sunny disposition or a low-fat, gluten-free diet that keeps the islanders healthy -- it's their emphasis on close personal relationships and face-to-face interactions. Learn more about super longevity as Pinker explains what it takes to live to 100 and beyond.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Ted Talks were very good at the start.

But they've been letting people like David Blaine do them for years now.

BTW shorter people live longer. People in Sardinia aren't that tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I have found that the grumpiest anti social people I know live forever and spread their displeasure with life all over the place.

Anyway, there is the sunshine and olive oil in Sardinia that might make up for it too!

Agree that Ted Talks is gone to the dogs now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

Ted Talks were very good at the start.

But they've been letting people like David Blaine do them for years now.

BTW shorter people live longer. People in Sardinia aren't that tall.

Goddammit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

Alternatively, be antisocial like me. You won't live longer - it just feels like longer.

Advertisement