Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why are people such absolute c**ts on nights out

• 22-12-2018 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭

So many people make such passive aggressive comments to people. I was out last night and you'll always get some bitter blazer wearing asshole at the end of the day who will sheepishly lavish praise on some conventionally attractive women(and never have a chance of getting with them) who will at end at night end up insulting another what he perceives less attractive women. This guy last night made a mock of this womens hairline, I felt so bad, I tried to tell her she didn't and thought because I was way more attractive than guy it would make her feel better but she wasn't even that nice when I tried to console her. Although I think she thought I knew him. Then in bathroom, some guy was like to me 'where you from?' defo thinking I was foreign and when I said 'Irish' he was like 'ah you know you were, stick out like a sore thumb'....even though I literally get told I don't look Irish all the time. Then I heard another guy insulting some guy for looking 40 because he had bad skin(apparently) even though the guy looked completely fine. It's so weird.

JUST BE NICE YOU *****

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭Needs Must

This will be a one-to-one keep an eye on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,777 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Life is too short to let anything of this nature get you riled up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Andrew00

Lads getting rowdy after a few pints o’ porter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

So people with spots now look 40? I thought only teenie boppers got pimples.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I think the internet is broken?

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭paleoperson

Then I heard another guy insulting some guy for looking 40 because he had bad skin(apparently) even though the guy looked completely fine.

I want to look 40, it's a good age. What a homosexual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭orourkeda1977

Have a **** and a few pints.

I had a few pints. I'm off for a ****. Savage.

I think I 'll have a can afterwards.

Nice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Church on Tuesday

Insecure people are insecure.

Sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Thick skin is what you need, Im not sure where you will find some as these days everyone is offended or at a minimum feel its necessary to be I insulted although you sound like a nice person, but there will always be degenerates in all walks of life.

What I do hate is when people make impersonal comments or try to rip into you, then they cant take a mirrored response which leads to them getting, tick and agro. 'Huns' with theirs blokes are like this while trying to rip the p*ss out of you and the bloke is laughing away , then when you return the same crap the bloke gets brave and agro :rolleyes: Its peoples insecurities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Alcohol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

I was only messing with her FFS.... Not my fault if she can't take a joke.

BTW, that blazer cost me a bloody fortune..please don't diss it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Needs more use of the word "legit" "social status" and general jealousy to be a good Eden Hazard thread. You worked the blazer wearing in fairly seamlessly but needs more shallowness dammit. Where are /10 ratings for example? C'mon EH, you used to be entertaining, you've gone sh*t... legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

So many people make such passive aggressive comments to people. I was out last night and you'll always get some bitter blazer wearing asshole at the end of the day who will sheepishly lavish praise on some conventionally attractive women(and never have a chance of getting with them) who will at end at night end up insulting another what he perceives less attractive women. This guy last night made a mock of this womens hairline, I felt so bad, I tried to tell her she didn't and thought because I was way more attractive than guy it would make her feel better but she wasn't even that nice when I tried to console her. Although I think she thought I knew him. Then in bathroom, some guy was like to me 'where you from?' defo thinking I was foreign and when I said 'Irish' he was like 'ah you know you were, stick out like a sore thumb'....even though I literally get told I don't look Irish all the time. Then I heard another guy insulting some guy for looking 40 because he had bad skin(apparently) even though the guy looked completely fine. It's so weird.

JUST BE NICE YOU *****

Cool story bro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

I want to look 40, it's a good age. What a homosexual.

Was he packing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

I was only messing with her FFS.... Not my fault if she can't take a joke.

BTW, that blazer cost me a bloody fortune..please don't diss it...

Sad that you want to identify as the yob she describes.
    Show some respect, even if you don't agree or sympathise with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

This guy last night made a mock of this womens hairline, I felt so bad, I tried to tell her she didn't

You cannot leave me hanging like this. She didn't what? Have a hairline? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

I think you'll find people are c**nts at any time of the day not just nights out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mackeire

JUST BE NICE YOU *****

And then this one time at band camp....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,020 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Ninthlife wrote: »
    I think you'll find people are c**nts at any time of the day not just nights out

The daytime Cnuts only get worse nit braver but more indiscriminate with alcohol.

The knack is to fight the urge bite back yourself, but rather wait in the wings. Too many times, I've seen them get brave and insult the wrong person and land up on their back. They then wonder what they did wrong,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

JUST BE NICE YOU *****

Why didn’t you whip out your weapon on the jacks and pistol whip that dude?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Drunk is stupid. Drunk is ugly. Drunk makes bad decisions.

Don't be drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Have you tried facebook OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Go to a place with people drinking alcohol and guess what....
    You will find drunk people

If you don’t want to meet drunk people then don’t go to places that people drink lots and get drunk.....plenty of options that doesn’t revolve around getting pi**ed

Next you will be asking to ban alcohol because your nose got a bit bent out of joint....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,189 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

To alcohol the cause of annndd solution to all of life's problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,512 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

One person's 'having the craic' is another person's 'being an insufferable arsehole'.

One person's 'having the craic' is another person's 'being an insufferable arsehole'.

Anyone insulting another person on the basis of personal appearance is an insufferable arse hole, be they drunk or sober.

anewme wrote: »
    Anyone insulting another person on the basis of personal appearance is an insufferable arse hole, be they drunk or sober.

Not really

Both me and my mate are less taller than other members of our group.....that description ok with you?

We have a running joke between the two of us because of this, in reality the both of us are the exact same height

Are we not allowed to do this anymore? Just in case we upset some insufferable arse holes who can’t have a laugh

• Advertisement

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Not really

Both me and my mate are less taller than other members of our group.....that description ok with you?

We have a running joke between the two of us because of this, in reality the both of us are the exact same height

Are we not allowed to do this anymore? Just in case we upset some insufferable arse holes who can’t have a laugh

Are we not talking about drunks insulting and passing comments on ppl ppl they don't know here?

That's what I took from the op anyway.

I'm sure your running joke is very funny and other people in your Company find it constantly simply hilarious every single time it's repeated or starts off again.anyone who would not enjoy it must surely be nothing but an insufferable arsehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

JUST BE NICE YOU *****

It's not the time of year for wearing blazers.

Alcohol.

This. So many of society's problems would be solved if we could keep certain people away from alcohol. Maybe even a tax incentive for them to stay home and drink themselves into oblivion without impacting the rest of us?

And it you're older than 21 and you still feel the need to go out and get locked every time you go out you're probably not going anywhere fast until you sort that issue out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

People are dickheads in general, thats a simple fact of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,289 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

dc86338697d8e4e4364da35a762535ed.jpg

Assholes will always be assholes, they just become more intolerant when the booze kicks in, especially this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

What I do hate is when people make impersonal comments or try to rip into you, then they cant take a mirrored response which leads to them getting, tick and agro. 'Huns' with theirs blokes are like this while trying to rip the p*ss out of you and the bloke is laughing away , then when you return the same crap the bloke gets brave and agro :rolleyes: Its peoples insecurities.

That's the worst trait in a person when on a night out or Just in general- being able to dish a slagging and then getting all flustered and thin skinned when someone slags you off. Don't give it out if you cant take it. And in my experience plenty of people in their 40s and 50s are bad for this when you think they would have more maturity!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Alcohol.

And they're up past their bedtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭The Tetrarch

Alan Partridge meets Vicky Pollard?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Alcohol... Reduces people to a base level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

Not being able to handle Alcohol.

FYP ;)

Are we not talking about drunks insulting and passing comments on ppl ppl they don't know here?

That's what I took from the op anyway.

I'm sure your running joke is very funny and other people in your Company find it constantly simply hilarious every single time it's repeated or starts off again.anyone who would not enjoy it must surely be nothing but an insufferable arsehole.

Did I quote the original poster?

• Advertisement

Did I quote the original poster?

No idea, but i was talking about the original poster.

You explained you like telling your in house joke with your friend about the same topic.

We all have those friends who keep the one in house joke going when they are out in company , be it being baldy, beardy, chubby, shirt etc. And of course it is hilariously funny each and every time , sure you'd be an insufferable arsehole not to find this so as you say yourself.

No idea, but i was talking about the original poster.

You explained you like telling your in house joke with your friend about the same topic.

We all have those friends who keep the one in house joke going when they are out in company , be it being baldy, beardy, chubby, shirt etc. And of course it is hilariously funny each and every time , sure you'd be an insufferable arsehole not to find this so as you say yourself.

Thanks for clearing that up, in other words you as you say you don’t know what your talking about....

Thanks again, carry on.....keep posting on other threads which you have no idea what your talking about.....

Thanks for clearing that up, in other words you as you say you don’t know what your talking about....

Thanks again, carry on.....keep posting on other threads which you have no idea what your talking about.....

Oops, just what happened to that fantastic stellar sense of humour.

Are you a mod or a shareholder that needs to grant people permission to post on this or other threads or the boards in general. Wasn't aware of that or who gave you your stripes.

If you are a joe soap who thinks they can give people permission to post, thats arrogance, which can be a sign of an insufferable.......

I'm fairly happy with my opinions thanks, I don't need your blessing. if you don't like them, you can always press ignore.

Back to this thread, don't want to derail it- what colour blazer do you wear when you are out joking. A bright colour is just fantastic.

Advertisement