Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding Ireland home loan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭deise121

Jafin wrote: »
    You will most likely be asked for updated statements and payslips, yes.

i've bought someonthing on ebay and it was taken off my debit card instead of my paypal balance. don't want that to reflect poorly on me :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Jafin

deise121 wrote: »
    i've bought someonthing on ebay and it was taken off my debit card instead of my paypal balance. don't want that to reflect poorly on me :mad:

Unless it cost a few grand I don't think they'd even bat an eyelid. I'm assuming they're really only looking for things that are "bad habits" such as gambling websites.

Unless it cost a few grand I don't think they'd even bat an eyelid. I'm assuming they're really only looking for things that are "bad habits" such as gambling websites.

yeah i hope so anyway. considering this is the ONLY way we'll be getting a mortgage, i'm kind of ****ting it now. thanks for the reply

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I think you could be overthinking things there a little deise121.

I don't recall anyone ever being declined a mortgage for an eBay purchase.

yeah i hope so anyway. considering this is the ONLY way we'll be getting a mortgage, i'm kind of ****ting it now. thanks for the reply

Like Graham said above I think you're just overthinking everything. Don't be stressing about everything you buy. They're not going to penalise you for doing some shopping or buying things online. I buy stuff off Amazon all the time (or I did before Brexit anyway) and was never asked anything about it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Nothing strange about that deise121, won't be a problem.

thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭helldesign

Quick question. On the salary certificate for RIHL, in case of hourly pay not salary, is the Gross basic wage/salary based on the info from the Employment Detail Summary for the whole year (myAccount) or is calculated by multiplying the hourly rate and the average hours worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Hi. Re the MPI figure we've been given with the approval. Is that the actual figure or could it increase after the medical? Are there any medical conditions they refuse to give MPI for?

helldesign wrote: »
    Quick question. On the salary certificate for RIHL, in case of hourly pay not salary, is the Gross basic wage/salary based on the info from the Employment Detail Summary for the whole year (myAccount) or is calculated by multiplying the hourly rate and the average hours worked?

The number from the Employment Detail Summary is the one...usually. If you were on the subsidy scheme/pup last year though then that complicates things a tiny bit. When I was re-applying this year I put in what I would normally get, and I had to provide the dates that I was on the subsidy scheme last year since the number on my Employment Detail Summary did not match what my wages would normally be as I was on the subsidy scheme for seven weeks during the first lockdown. If in doubt double check with your council, they all seem to operate a bit differently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭helldesign

The number from the Employment Detail Summary is the one...usually. If you were on the subsidy scheme/pup last year though then that complicates things a tiny bit. When I was re-applying this year I put in what I would normally get, and I had to provide the dates that I was on the subsidy scheme last year since the number on my Employment Detail Summary did not match what my wages would normally be as I was on the subsidy scheme for seven weeks during the first lockdown. If in doubt double check with your council, they all seem to operate a bit differently.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 janandbren

If I write a certain property on the application (I'm doing this as we may need just a little bit over the 4.5) then can I change property at a later date without restarting application?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Karis

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I mean I've been reading through it all for over a year now and I want to say thank you to you all for very informative and supporting messages. We are currently in the situation where we have our AIP , found the house, (new build) paid the booking deposit and need to sign the contract and pay the rest of the deposit. The builder refuses to accept the contract without formal loan offer, but the county council not issuing one until the house is fully build. I know some people here were in similar situations...any advise or information on this would be highly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 TBD_1983

Hi all,

Can anyone offer advice on my situation:

Have RIHL approval, looking at putting a refundable deposit on a new build off plans. They will then issue contracts to solicitor to be signed and full deposit to be issued (non-refundable) at that point. However house won’t be ready until at least Dec/jan. approval expires mid Nov. Will I need to reapply? I’m terrified of losing my deposit.

janandbren wrote: »
    If I write a certain property on the application (I'm doing this as we may need just a little bit over the 4.5) then can I change property at a later date without restarting application?

Write TBD or leave blank unless you know the property you are definitely buying. Mine had TBD as recommended by coco.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Benci

TBD_1983 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Can anyone offer advice on my situation:

Have RIHL approval, looking at putting a refundable deposit on a new build off plans. They will then issue contracts to solicitor to be signed and full deposit to be issued (non-refundable) at that point. However house won’t be ready until at least Dec/jan. approval expires mid Nov. Will I need to reapply? I’m terrified of losing my deposit.

We were in similar situation, we bought off plan, paid full deposit including help to buy. We applied for extension, still waiting to close the sale. Make sure you have a clause in your contract saying that if the sale falls for this reason then you get your deposit back.

Benci wrote: »
    We were in similar situation, we bought off plan, paid full deposit including help to buy. We applied for extension, still waiting to close the sale. Make sure you have a clause in your contract saying that if the sale falls for this reason then you get your deposit back.

How long did the extension take to be approved? Did you apply before AIP ran out? Was it just a case of submitting additional banking docs? I will definitely ensure it’s in the contract, thanks for that! You would think you should be considered sale agreed once contract signed not AIP status still.

How long did the extension take to be approved? Did you apply before AIP ran out? Was it just a case of submitting additional banking docs? I will definitely ensure it’s in the contract, thanks for that! You would think you should be considered sale agreed once contract signed not AIP status still.

We singned contract May 2019, got extension due to covid, then the house wasn't ready so we needed a second extension which was declined. We appealed, and after 3 months waiting they gave us the second extension which is until August 2021( 6 months extension) We are hoping to close before that. I was reading the clock stopps when you go sale agreed but is not true on our case.

We singned contract May 2019, got extension due to covid, then the house wasn't ready so we needed a second extension which was declined. We appealed, and after 3 months waiting they gave us the second extension which is until August 2021( 6 months extension) We are hoping to close before that. I was reading the clock stopps when you go sale agreed but is not true on our case.

My god the stress of it all! Hope close goes ahead as planned and thanks for the advice. Do you mind me asking which coco you’re with?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

Same. We went sale agreed 3weeks after approval. Signed contracts in Jan. Approval was up 18th of May , we are just waiting on funds to be released now but we had to apply for extension also even though it is only over by 1 week. Clock didnt stop with us. Kildare CC

• Advertisement

My god the stress of it all! Hope close goes ahead as planned and thanks for the advice. Do you mind me asking which coco you’re with?

It is very stressful and not over yet :( Wicklow Coco..

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Lauren52

Karis wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I'm new here. I mean I've been reading through it all for over a year now and I want to say thank you to you all for very informative and supporting messages. We are currently in the situation where we have our AIP , found the house, (new build) paid the booking deposit and need to sign the contract and pay the rest of the deposit. The builder refuses to accept the contract without formal loan offer, but the county council not issuing one until the house is fully build. I know some people here were in similar situations...any advise or information on this would be highly appreciated.

This annoys the **** out of me. They tried to say that to us aswel. I emailed back to say that was ridiculous as how were we to proceed , in the end we came to an agreement, we got a valuation done and then agreed another one would be done when complete. Then when we were signing the contracts it was a requirement in the documents that we would need another valuation. 1st one cost 150 , second was 65 as was just a follow up. We are getting our keys in the next week or 2. We are with Kildare. Fight them on it. As it jst makes no sense.

Between another 4 days or 11 days for us to hear back from waterford council. They said 3 - 4 weeks. I've been so nervous the past few weeks! Was hoping more houses would pop up in waterford to buy, but no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 28,876 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

deise121 wrote:
    Between another 4 days or 11 days for us to hear back from waterford council. They said 3 - 4 weeks. I've been so nervous the past few weeks! Was hoping more houses would pop up in waterford to buy, but no luck

Supply is shockingly bad here at the moment, including in rentals, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 22 NM2020

janandbren wrote: »

Hi,
    I would be careful with this. If you put a figure or exact property they will base it off that and if not eligible for more (which its likely you wont be) they will reject based on the figure you asked for. I was told to put "TBC" for property and "max available" on the amount and they they will just offer you the max amount.

They've just gotten back to me and said the original statements my credit union posted me and the ones I printed off from my current account's banking app are not good enough. What the **** else do I send in? Have to jump through bloody hoops for everything.

They've just gotten back to me and said the original statements my credit union posted me and the ones I printed off from my current account's banking app are not good enough. What the **** else do I send in? Have to jump through bloody hoops for everything.

That's odd. Did they say in what way they were "not good enough"? When you say you printed them off from your banking app, do you mean like an actual phone/tablet app? Do you have the facilities to print them off from a computer?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Mbourke91

Hi everyone :) we have just sent back our MPI forms and my partner answered yes to one of the questions so he is now going to have a telephone interview. Has anyone had this? Is there many things they decide they won’t offer cover over? Thank you

That's odd. Did they say in what way they were "not good enough"? When you say you printed them off from your banking app, do you mean like an actual phone/tablet app? Do you have the facilities to print them off from a computer?

opened the ios app, went to statements and downloaded them. opened the pdf, sent it via airprint to my printer. they said it wasn't good enough because the account details aren't on every page of the print off.

• Advertisement

opened the ios app, went to statements and downloaded them. opened the pdf, sent it via airprint to my printer. they said it wasn't good enough because the account details aren't on every page of the print off.

...I've heard of some pretty asinine reasons but that one really takes the cake. I don't know what bank you're with but I'm fairly certain when I downloaded my statements on my computer (Permanent TSB) the details were on every page. Try that if you can. Hopefully they'll allow to submit just those and not have to do the whole application again.

Advertisement