Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best option for 4g wifi for one month

Options
  • 08-09-2020 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I will be living somewhere temporarily for 1 month and wanted to get contract free wifi. My wife will be working from home and i'll be doing an evening course so will be decent amount of data required (not a clue how much to be honest with conference calls).
    I have a travel router that I can plug a usb dongle into and would pick up an unlocked one fairly cheap i'd imagine so will just need a sim.
    Could suppliment with tethering from my gomo for the evenings, if gomo tethers but would like something else for when I'm away during the day.

Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Hi,
    I will be living somewhere temporarily for 1 month and wanted to get contract free wifi. My wife will be working from home and i'll be doing an evening course so will be decent amount of data required (not a clue how much to be honest with conference calls).
    I have a travel router that I can plug a usb dongle into and would pick up an unlocked one fairly cheap i'd imagine so will just need a sim.
    Could suppliment with tethering from my gomo for the evenings, if gomo tethers but would like something else for when I'm away during the day.

Chris

Tethered Gomo should be fine you have 80gig each

• Registered Users Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Tethered Gomo should be fine you have 80gig each

This is awful advice to the OP.

Please ignore the above post OP as he clearly didn't read your post about only needing this for 1 month.

Gomo will be of no use to you OP.

There is no point in you signing up to a sim only plan for 1 month and also incurring an activation cost with gomo and then also a 30 day notice cancellation period.

Three with pay as you go is your best option. Tethering isn't a problem with them and you also have all you can eat data.

There €20 plan is also half price at the moment until the end of October.

So you will get all the internet you need for €10 for your temporary usage of one month.

I've provided the link to the offer below.

https://www.three.ie/plans/phone/prepay/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

shocksy wrote: »

Please ignore the above post OP as he clearly didn't read your post about only needing this for 1 month.

There is no point in you signing up to a sim only plan for 1 month and also incurring an activation cost with gomo and then also a 30 day notice cancellation period.

Three with pay as you go is your best option. Tethering isn't a problem with them and you also have all you can eat data.

So you will get all the internet you need for €10 for your temporary usage of one month.

Yeah that's a good option, I was initally looking at the 48.ie option for couple of quid cheaper but I am wondering would three prioritise their traffic to their own network. The area we are in looks to have excellent 3 signal.
    I've ordered a little mifi router so all good to go, given what i've head about 48 customer service this coud be a safe bet.

I think gaz was referring to my plan to suppliminet with gomo tethering in the evenings, if we didn't get unlimited data he was saying just used gomo all the time. So don't be too hard on him!

I have infact changed my mind now and going to get the 48 option for a few quid cheaper. As my wife will be using it for remote working i think the three sim a great option for a month, possibly might order one, get it posted to UK from my Dad and trial it, then I'll get two top ups in before the October 28th deadline! Also will allow us to trial it with the router to put my wifes mind at ease!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Ask your friendly. Neibour

bobbyy gee wrote: »
    Ask your friendly. Neibour

haha i'm staying for a month in an air bnb type place in somebody's garden had tried that but she said no.
    Gone are the days of those eircom routers with the dodgey passkeys:D

• Advertisement

shocksy wrote: »

Thanks again for this both my wife and I are on three and I had overlooked this offer. Will save us changing to gomo or 48.ie initally as we've a lot going on when we move home so we can hold off on mobile switching for a month! Will order a third sim for the 4g router i purachesed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭Buffman

Thanks again for this both my wife and I are on three and I had overlooked this offer. Will save us changing to gomo or 48.ie initally as we've a lot going on when we move home so we can hold off on mobile switching for a month! Will order a third sim for the 4g router i purachesed.

Most 3 mobile phone plans have unlimited data so you can just hotspot your mobile phone to share its wifi, shouldn't be any need for a 3rd SIM.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Buffman wrote: »
    Most 3 mobile phone plans have unlimited data so you can just hotspot your mobile phone to share its wifi, shouldn't be any need for a 3rd SIM.

Yeah just prefer for handiness not needing to worry about charging the phone or switching wireless networks etc just have one constant WiFi network, for the sake of €10 as I have already bought the mifi router

Advertisement