Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Gleann Rua

Options
  • 15-08-2020 7:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

We're looking into renting a property in An Gleann Rua.

Anybody know what this estate is like? Any issues we should be worried about.

We noticed a few houses boarded up nearby. They were only a few, all beside each other and we were thinking that maybe development stopped on these houses or something. Anybody know any different?

Is it a rough estate or are people generally nice? Energy efficiency?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

I don't know to be honest but when I've rented places in the past and wasn't sure on the area I went back and spoke to a couple of the neighbours. Maybe do it in the evening time so you can see what the estate is like then too

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭the_new_mr

Thanks. Good advice.

Would love to know if anyone else knows anything about the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,847 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭JoannieG

muffler wrote: »
    Where is it?

Killylastin, Letterkenny.

I know someone who just moved out from there as she just bought a new house elsewhere. She had no complaints about the place. She lived in one of the houses on the north side, facing Muckish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

I've walked past it on walks, looked alright as much as that helps...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Just seeing this thread now, so you could have already made your decision. But I live in Gleann Rua and it's one of the nicer and quieter estates in LK. Very friendly and never had a single issue. Been here 1 year now, apart from Meadow Hill it's my favourite place I've lived. If that helps. And welcome to the area.

Edit: re the boarded up houses. They are down opposite me and my best guess is that you are correct, development stopped on the houses at some stage. Although I can't say for sure. They're a slight eyesore walking past but don't bother me really.

Advertisement