Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recycling prices.

Options
  • 29-08-2020 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭

Went to my local recycling centre today to leave in a double and single mattress. The cost they wanted was €50.00.
    Is this normal does anyone know around the rest of the county.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭JoannieG

According to this leaflet, http://www.donegalcoco.ie/media/donegalcountyc/environment/pdfs/Donegal_Lft_2019_Web.pdf, it should have been €40. They have half-price weeks every so often. I got rid of 2 mattresses in Letterkenny the last time they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Trying to understand. Would it not be cheaper to got to the dump?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,839 ✭✭✭✭muffler

mcsean2163 wrote: »
    Trying to understand. Would it not be cheaper to got to the dump?
    What dump?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,726 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Or you could get out your scissors and cut the fabric from the Mattress . Steel is then free, and fabric put in a bag.
    It's only expensive to dump mattresses because of the work involved to recycling them. Literally takes 10 mins to clean yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭malinheader

10 minutes. Are you guessing the time or have you done this. Because the double mattress which I sent to recycle would definitely not have been stripped in 10 minutes and definitely a high degree of physical fitness would be needed to hump a double mattress about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,726 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

More haste less speed, but yea I've done it, 10 minutes easy. No pulling and dragging, ripping or tearing, that would take more time. Just focus, and use scissors to cut where you need to.

Advertisement